Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home internal design question

tag
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: Home internal design question

@aussiesareforever wrote:

I believe the certificates/diplomas/awards were given for a reason and there is absolutely nothing wrong with displaying them (with a little dash of tact and class)

Right.  Above the desk is okay.  Centered above the living room couch is a bit "tacky."

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My degree hangs in my office, above the computer desk.

My future husband has a shadow box with his miliary ribbons, ropes, and sgt stripes. We put this in the living room, not centered, but near the corner, to the right of the main window into the living room. He has the photo of his weapons platoon, and the photo of Alpha company flanking each side of the shadow box. Below each photo, he has the NCO and the Officer sword hanging, along with the scabbord.   

I am infinitely more proud of these things than even my degree, therefore they get the place of honor, as he and I will deal with the mental and physical consequences of his service (both good ones and bad ones) for the rest of our life.  

He was thinking these things would be hung in the garage or out in his reloading building.  I vetoed that idea, as I felt they deserved a place of greater honor.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 22 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

How do others display their miliary type of awards / medals?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.