Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honestly, They're kind of like an Addiction.CC's

tag
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Honestly, They're kind of like an Addiction.CC's

Discover & AMEX and PenFed OH MY.

Nordstom & Amazon what next shall I try?

Citi & Chase now NFCU.

All the pretty cards are calling to YOU.

On a serious note... It really does remind me of an addiction.. Similar to Poker but not unlike drugs..

The anticipation when filling out an App. Anxious & excited, a lil nervous, all at the same time.

Waiting for the "high" of an approval or the "low" of a denial.

After an approval the ultimate pay-off of a high starting limit... Royal Flush..

The occasional pair of deuces; toy limits that are basically throw-a-ways..

I've been rebuilding for a few years and I've decided I have enough, I am done getting cards.. 

Stick a fork in me, I am done. Dee Oh eN  Eee.

I'll get my tiny little "fix" from CLI's occasionally but I honestly don't need anymore cards and I need to "quit" while I still can...

Lord help me to not "fall off the wagon"... 

Anyone else??? Do you ever feel like you're addicted? 

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Honestly, They're kind of like an Addiction.CC's

LOL!!! I love this thread!!!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Discover & AMEX and PenFed OH MY.

Nordstom & Amazon what next shall I try?

Citi & Chase now NFCU.

All the pretty cards are calling to YOU.

On a serious note... It really does remind me of an addiction.. Similar to Poker but not unlike drugs..

The anticipation when filling out an App. Anxious & excited, a lil nervous, all at the same time.

After an approval the ultimate pay-off of a high starting limit... Royal Flush..

The occasional pair of deuces; toy limits that are basically throw-a-ways..

I've been rebuilding for a few years and I've decided I have enough, I am done getting cards.. 

Stick a fork in me, I am done. Dee Oh eN  Eee.

I'll get my tiny little "fix" from CLI's occasionally but I honestly don't need anymore cards and I need to "quit" while I still can...

Lord help me to not "fall off the wagon"... 

Anyone else??? Do you ever feel like you're addicted? 

Very true!

I start jonesing when I go to the garden!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very well written. Yes, I tend to think the same, however, most of my thoughts are focused around: "can I get more bonus points on this purchase;" or "do I have enough expenditures to cover the next sign up bonus?"

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has definitely become an addiction. I'd be applying nonstop if I wasn't afraid of adverse action and the point loss from inquires and new accounts. CLIs are a nice rush too, but when I've already requested my CLIs from the banks that will give them to me I'm left to just sit and wait til next time! Agh. I'm trying to garden so I can get the rush from watching my score grow. But that takes too long....the struggle is real.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

0% Intro became a real high for me, then it was designer cards because why not have a card that looks like GOLD or Even Green (AMEX)...

One point got such a rush that I started doing CLI's after reading MarketWatch Articles, and forums like this... Now I'm on a kick to max

cash back rewards to offset those small swipes keeping a card active. Yes it's an addiction I've got over 20+ accounts I monitor with little to no

sleep while also doing other daily activites such as running a small business. Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 14
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

This post gets me. The members' signatures don't help either. I just product changed two of my cash back cards to travel cards in lieu of applying for new ones. Hoping this will curb my appetite a bit. Gardening is hard.

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 7 of 14
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Zolomon wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu 

This post gets me. The members' signatures don't help either. I just product changed two of my cash back cards to travel cards in lieu of applying for new ones. Hoping this will curb my appetite a bit. Gardening is hard.

OMGosh! I agree... I've seen these great looking cards and thought; "I must have it" lol

It did help me acquire my PenFed card but yikes... I try to not look anymore.. Smiley Embarassed

Side Note To all the replies...

I was going to give you "kudos" but the option isn't available on this board..

I find that rather strange.. Anyway, Thanks everyone for your participation & great replies.

CHEERS

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

How true, how true! I'm also in the Garden for the foreseeable future, seeing as how Amex spoke to me like only Amex can. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
marty56
Super Contributor

Back in my credit dark days, applying for credit was more like asking the hotest girl out in high school in front of all her friends.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.