Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotel charges!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hotel charges!!!

I stayed at a hotel over the Christmas holidays, I booked three room for me and my families... When I checked out, the hotel charged my room fees, but I noticed on my citi bank app that there was 800 dollars in fees pending. The Hotel representative told me that it was just a hold on the credit card and it was routine to make sure all charges was paid ( room service, spa services ect...)
Fast forward to today, it's been 3 week and still is pending, because it pending , it's counting against my credit line I have...
How long do you think before the pending transaction goes away?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hotel charges!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
I stayed at a hotel over the Christmas holidays, I booked three room for me and my families... When I checked out, the hotel charged my room fees, but I noticed on my citi bank app that there was 800 dollars in fees pending. The Hotel representative told me that it was just a hold on the credit card and it was routine to make sure all charges was paid ( room service, spa services ect...)
Fast forward to today, it's been 3 week and still is pending, because it pending , it's counting against my credit line I have...
How long do you think before the pending transaction goes away?

I think that is a way troo generous time period for the hotel to have a pending charge for security on there.  I am thinking three days is Ok, three weeks is excessive.

I am not sure if I would start at the CCC level to ask that it be cleared, or at the hotel level.    I would start by calling the CC I think.

hth

Message 2 of 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Hotel charges!!!

I'd call the hotel again and ask what's up.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.