Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do You Manage Your CC Accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Do You Manage Your CC Accounts?

Numbers (Excel basically) and Readyforzero mainly. While they're marketed to be for people who what to have zero debt, I like using it to track due dates, how much left to pay, etc.

I do have other things and I do check my accounts constantly
Message 21 of 61
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

I use an app called Awesome Note for my iPhone.  Imagine a virtual To Do List with check boxes next to each bill that's upcoming and due, sorted by the due date (descending), also displaying a countdown number that quickly allows you to see how many days you have left until the bill is due.  Well, that's what this app allows me to do.  Each bill is configured to repeat every 30 days and you can also add alerts/alarms/reminders and those are configurable as well.  Sometimes I add notes to each repeating bill (how much I'm paying, the date I'm scheduling a payment for, etc.) and the note detail is saved into history and will be available in the new note that is repeated in 30 days.  Or I can keep it simple and use this app just like a virtual notepad and simply touch the check box to put a check mark next to the bill in question and it will be considered crossed off of my To Do List until the next 30 days.  I use this for all of my bills, not just credit cards.  This app also allows me to see my bill due dates in Calendar View.

I've done something similar to what Super_AL has done that helps me mentally remember my CC bill due dates.  Three of my CC bills are always due on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th of each month.   

Message 22 of 61
One7
Valued Contributor

I just use the Samsung calendar on my phone. I have it set up as a widget so I can scroll to it on my phone with one swipe. I check it a few times daily so whenever something is coming up I just pay it a couple days ahead of time. I also have reminders setup so I'll get an alert 2 days in advance so I never forget to pay. Works great for me.

Screenshot_2014-10-14-11-25-31.png

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 23 of 61
rdubb
Established Member

I use the app Check (formerly Pageonce). It tracks all of my bills including things like Netflix, as well as my bank accounts. It sends reminders when bills are coming up. It also has a calendar view where you can see all of your bills due dates for that month.  I have a seperate Excel spreadsheet that I keep that lists all of my credit cards and their APR, limit and reward types.

Message 24 of 61
flawesome
Contributor

I just set everything to auto PIF and manually check once a month or so to make sure no funny charges are being made. I'm lazy and have learned to consistantly live below my means, so I don't worry about it.

If I plan to app for a card, I'll pay off all but one before the autopay kicks in.

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 25 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Excel workbook. Basically, I have put in all the bills that needs to get paid every month sorted by Due dates. So all the dues from 1-15 gets paid on 1st of every month & the dues from 16-30/31 gets paid on 15th of every month. I have "Check boxes" placed in the excel sheet for every month. So I have all the Due bills listed vertically and Every month for the year listed horizontally. Each row has a check box and I tick the box as soon as I pay it.

For balancing my checkbook, I use YNAB [You Need A Budget].

Message 26 of 61
elim
Senior Contributor

@One7 wrote:

I just use the Samsung calendar on my phone. I have it set up as a widget so I can scroll to it on my phone with one swipe. I check it a few times daily so whenever something is coming up I just pay it a couple days ahead of time. I also have reminders setup so I'll get an alert 2 days in advance so I never forget to pay. Works great for me.

Screenshot_2014-10-14-11-25-31.png

i use the samsung calendar widget also, i even track my hours at work on it, but... i found i had to enter the CC names on the due date each month. can you do this recurring? auto?

(i have only had the phone a couple months and busy)

also i found google calendar to be nice, you can edit all items from PC/phone/etc.

Message 27 of 61
elim
Senior Contributor

i see some great apps and ideas here i want to try!! thanks all!!!

Message 28 of 61
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditDunce wrote:

I sign up for ebills.   From my main bank, I schedule the bill to be paid.

To keep track of how much I owe on each CC, I use CK.  I have recently signed up for Mint.  But I haven't customized it for my needs yet.

Mint is very helpful. Keeps track of your bills and how much you owe compared to cash. 

I am trying Mint to see if it can help me better understand where I spend my money.  I am too lazy to actually do a budget.  I am hoping mint will do all of the work for me. Smiley Wink   I have started creating rules to categorize CC bills better, etc.  But it will still be a lot of work.  I am not sure what the payoff will be, yet.  I have always spent less money than I make.

I am also not quite sure what I think of having emails telling me how much money I made/lost last week.  I may have to remove my investments from Mint and just use Vanguard to keep track of my investment returns.  It is much healthier to only check investment returns a couple times a year.

Still, there are many things I like about Mint.  I will just need to see if it meets my needs over the next year.

Message 29 of 61
creditFiend
Established Contributor

'Check' app, & 'RemindMe' app for back up.
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.