Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do You Manage Your CC Accounts?

tag
flawesome
Contributor

Re: How Do You Manage Your CC Accounts?

Initially, I was also weary of trusting autopay on the due date, but it seems to be dependable. If something /did/ go awry, not that I've ever known that to happen, I believe a  phone call would remedy the situation(though, I'd still be real miffed about it). I'm glad I took the leap of faith. I don't have to keep track of anything or even think about it.

Again, I do still check for fraudulent charges every once in a while, but that's it. Easy peasy.

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 41 of 61
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@flawesome wrote:

Initially, I was also weary of trusting autopay on the due date, but it seems to be dependable. If something /did/ go awry, not that I've ever known that to happen, I believe a  phone call would remedy the situation(though, I'd still be real miffed about it). I'm glad I took the leap of faith. I don't have to keep track of anything or even think about it.

Again, I do still check for fraudulent charges every once in a while, but that's it. Easy peasy.

+1

While never having to argue this in small claims court, I think that setting up autopay on the issuers site is the safest option.  Providing the balance is available in the identified checking account, they have taken some responsibility for taking the money on the due date.   I would be very surprised if late charges/penalty rates would not be removed if there was any issue (other than not having the funds available).   But I have never had any problem in the many years I've doing this.

And, as I have commented before, those that don't trust auto-pay are relying on very similar mechanisms if they go to the bank website to pay (and more so if they use the issuer one).  Going to the branch and depositing cash also relies on the computers correctly crediting the account, so I just prefer to go the easy route, assume it will work and be prepared to argue if something ever went wrong.

Message 42 of 61
elim
Senior Contributor

Cover art

Thanks to you great posters, I started using Prism App.  This is a nice weapon for CC monitor/pay (as well as any bill you can think to add).

I have had problems in the past of adding Synch cards and some other bills to banking bill pay/monitor services. This app lists them ALL

From cell bill, student loans, water bill, etc. It will draw the due date and amounts to a nice calendar view and you can refresh to view your usage at any time.

Pay with a finger swipe. niiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Thanks All

Message 43 of 61
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@BootStraps wrote:

I have a notepad with all of my credit cards and due dates.

When my paycheck hits the bank, I look at the list and pay everything that is due before my next paycheck.

When the next paycheck shows up, I repeat...

+1

I work for a university which pays the first of the month (and had all billing dates to close mid to late month). I have every account  number written down on a legal tablet that I keep in my safe deposit box at the credit union for quick reference.  I do log into each of my accounts daily to make sure nothing "crazy" going on !

I've just started using Check & so far it's been pretty good.

SisterGirl
Message 44 of 61
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

I like having full control over my payment options.  Since I check all of my accounts on a regular basis, it really doesn't take long to schedule each payment (maybe 30 seconds or less for each account).  I schedule the payments ahead of the due dates and that gives me time to check the status of the payments before the actual due date.  If something goes wrong with my scheduled payments, I will have time to manually intervene before the actual due date hits.

Exactly !

SisterGirl
Message 45 of 61
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

The Prism app works well, and it allows GE/Synchrony cards. I also use an excel sheet but sometimes work gets me so busy I don't have time to update it. Prism also send me notifications which helps me out a lot!
Message 46 of 61
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

I set auto pay on all cards where applicable and micro manage from there by logging in each day and using check. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 47 of 61
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I set auto pay on all cards where applicable and micro manage from there by logging in each day and using check. 

Same here plus phone apps and constant monitoring, I see no reason to ever be late again on any account provided the funds are there to back it up.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 48 of 61
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@jettech wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Same here plus phone apps and constant monitoring, I see no reason to ever be late again on any account provided the funds are there to back it up.

That's where I'm at. No way ever will I be late. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 49 of 61
taxi818
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

Cover art

Thanks to you great posters, I started using Prism App.  This is a nice weapon for CC monitor/pay (as well as any bill you can think to add).

I have had problems in the past of adding Synch cards and some other bills to banking bill pay/monitor services. This app lists them ALL

From cell bill, student loans, water bill, etc. It will draw the due date and amounts to a nice calendar view and you can refresh to view your usage at any time.

Pay with a finger swipe. niiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Thanks All

Im glad you heeded the Advice. it really is good app. i agree

Message 50 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.