cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Credit Cards do you bring with you at all time?

tag
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Re: How Many Credit Cards do you bring with you at all time?

@Revelate wrote:

One can hope but there's a vast difference in travelling when one already has the family vs. when one is hoping to establish a family when people in their 40's have deadlines (biological and social).  The albatross isn't a death sentence but it's clearly suboptimal when someone wants you here to see if it works or not rather than a half time penalty... I'm really uncertain from a relationship perspective on timelines between (modern dating) between cohabitating fully or 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.  To be fair if I meet a quality lady who's interested in me and wants full monty, I can always get another job.

Thanks for the info on the airport ATM, I assume simple American debit card which is fee favorable or were you doing cash advances off a credit card which I guess might make sense as a use case in this niche?

My father was away for a week at a time for work even before I was born.  But it was a different time when women were more willing to accommodate. 

I use atm/debit cards.  I have/had Schwab, JPM or Citigold so all fees are waived.  There are Citibank branches in some European cities -- I know of London and Rome for Citi and Paris for Chase/JPM.  I regularly arrive at foreign countries with less than $100 in my pocket.  It really depends on how out of the way they are, but I would guess as this is work related, you wouldn't be going into isolated locations. 

Message 21 of 68
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@tacpoly wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

One can hope but there's a vast difference in travelling when one already has the family vs. when one is hoping to establish a family when people in their 40's have deadlines (biological and social).  The albatross isn't a death sentence but it's clearly suboptimal when someone wants you here to see if it works or not rather than a half time penalty... I'm really uncertain from a relationship perspective on timelines between (modern dating) between cohabitating fully or 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.  To be fair if I meet a quality lady who's interested in me and wants full monty, I can always get another job.

Thanks for the info on the airport ATM, I assume simple American debit card which is fee favorable or were you doing cash advances off a credit card which I guess might make sense as a use case in this niche?

My father was away for a week at a time for work even before I was born.  But it was a different time when women were more willing to accommodate. 

I use atm/debit cards.  I have/had Schwab, JPM or Citigold so all fees are waived.  There are Citibank branches in some European cities -- I know of London and Rome for Citi and Paris for Chase/JPM.  I regularly arrive at foreign countries with less than $100 in my pocket.  It really depends on how out of the way they are, but I would guess as this is work related, you wouldn't be going into isolated locations. 

Correct.  Even as a stupid American I can point to where all the locations are on a globe, so I'm thinking will be fine.  Will see about picking up a feeless debit card, appreciate the heads up!

        
Message 22 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry all my cc + 2 debit cards
Message 23 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry all of my cards since I only have 3 CCs + my debit and could use any of them on any given day.

Message 24 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry all 8 of my cards plus 1 debit card. Don't know why I carry all 8. I just do.

Message 25 of 68
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

I carry 2 CC and my debit card in my wallet and have 5 CC loaded into Samsung Pay.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Secured Card has been SD for the past few months now, and I just SD my Amex starting this month..

I'm losing interest on my AMEX BCE, no growth.. Been asking CLI every month and always decline.

Will decide the faith of my Citi Secured this Fall.

Message 27 of 68
BirchBarlow
Contributor

As of late I carry three: Chase FU, Citi DC, and Discover.  As such I have three different rewards programs, three different issuers, and three different networks covered.

Message 28 of 68
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

I keep 5 CCs in my wallet:

1) Discover card

2) AMEX charge card

3) Elan Fidelity Visa card

4) AT&T Universal (Citi) Master card

5) Best Buy store card

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 29 of 68
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

BOA for groceries, Chase Freedom for gas, Citi DC for everything else, debit card.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 30 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.