cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Credit Cards do you bring with you at all time?

tag
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: How Many Credit Cards do you bring with you at all time?

I carry a slim money clip that holds my fav 3: AmEx Platinum, USBank Cash+ and the Discover IT. Coupled with a drivers liscence, school ID, and insurance card there ain't much room for anything else.

Message 31 of 68
cem13
Established Contributor

When I travel in the USA, I carry 2 CCs: NFCU is my everyday card and a backup.  My BU is usually PenFed or Barclays.  I NEVER carry my debit card.

If I am traveling overseas, I will add the Delta AMEX as my 3rd card.

I always carry about $50 cash locally, $200 if I travel within the USA and $1500 if I travel overseas.  I have a $20 bill hidden in each vehicle for emergency gas purposes.  I have never used any of my back up plans.  However, my Mother always told me, "It is better to have and not need, than to need and not have".

I love you Mom.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 32 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

3-6 cards total each from different banks depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing.  I pretty much use the same 3 cards most of the time unless I meeting spend on a new card, any extras I carry are backup when traveling.  The rest stay at home in their own dedicated CC wallet.  Main Debit card stays home at all times.  Though I carry a debit card linked to a secondary account with a much smaller amount of cash in it for random ATM withdrawals, as needed.

Message 33 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCE,Cash+ are in my pocket daily...

Now all my other CCs stay in a backpack that's either 1. At home. or 2. In the car. Either or

Message 34 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

5, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom, Paypal Extra, Sam's Club MasterCard, Discover IT

Message 35 of 68
xgac12x
Established Contributor

How many cards do you like to carry in your wallet?

I currently have three cards. A mastercard, visa and american express. How many cards do you carry in your wallet? I feel like three isn't enough? Even though they have plenty of availability (25k). How many do you consider is comfortable in your wallet?

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 36 of 68
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: How many cards do you like to carry in your wallet?

I also carry 3 cards with me: American Express Platinum, Chase Fairmont, and the Discover IT. I tend to pay with my AmEx whenver possible followed by the Chase card as a number of places I go are VISA only. 

Message 37 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I carry all my cards

Amex PRG
Amex BCE
Chase Amazon Prime
Chase United Explorer
BoFA 321
Message 38 of 68
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Currently: Chase Sapphire Preferred for almost everything right now (hello $625 travel credit spend bonus), AmEx Platinum for flexibility on large purchases and because I enjoy seeing it when I open my wallet, Discover it for fuel and BJ's Wholesale Club (10% back with matching promo), Chase Freedom idle until Q2 5% categories but didn't take it out of my wallet, PenFed Defender for emergency cash advance (no fee).  My AmEx Gold was swiped 99% of the time from 2002 until about a year ago - it was weird to take that out of my wallet.

Message 39 of 68
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I am trying to cut down the amount of cards i carry right now its CSR, EDP, Freedom and my debit card from Alliant CU. The three CC cover almost all my spending so it works for me

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 40 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.