Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Frequent Contributor

Re: How Many Credit Cards do you bring with you at all time?

Revelate wrote:

One can hope but there's a vast difference in travelling when one already has the family vs. when one is hoping to establish a family when people in their 40's have deadlines (biological and social).  The albatross isn't a death sentence but it's clearly suboptimal when someone wants you here to see if it works or not rather than a half time penalty... I'm really uncertain from a relationship perspective on timelines between (modern dating) between cohabitating fully or 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.  To be fair if I meet a quality lady who's interested in me and wants full monty, I can always get another job.

Thanks for the info on the airport ATM, I assume simple American debit card which is fee favorable or were you doing cash advances off a credit card which I guess might make sense as a use case in this niche?

My father was away for a week at a time for work even before I was born.  But it was a different time when women were more willing to accommodate. 

I use atm/debit cards.  I have/had Schwab, JPM or Citigold so all fees are waived.  There are Citibank branches in some European cities -- I know of London and Rome for Citi and Paris for Chase/JPM.  I regularly arrive at foreign countries with less than $100 in my pocket.  It really depends on how out of the way they are, but I would guess as this is work related, you wouldn't be going into isolated locations. 

tacpoly wrote:

Revelate wrote:

One can hope but there's a vast difference in travelling when one already has the family vs. when one is hoping to establish a family when people in their 40's have deadlines (biological and social).  The albatross isn't a death sentence but it's clearly suboptimal when someone wants you here to see if it works or not rather than a half time penalty... I'm really uncertain from a relationship perspective on timelines between (modern dating) between cohabitating fully or 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.  To be fair if I meet a quality lady who's interested in me and wants full monty, I can always get another job.

Thanks for the info on the airport ATM, I assume simple American debit card which is fee favorable or were you doing cash advances off a credit card which I guess might make sense as a use case in this niche?

My father was away for a week at a time for work even before I was born.  But it was a different time when women were more willing to accommodate. 

I use atm/debit cards.  I have/had Schwab, JPM or Citigold so all fees are waived.  There are Citibank branches in some European cities -- I know of London and Rome for Citi and Paris for Chase/JPM.  I regularly arrive at foreign countries with less than $100 in my pocket.  It really depends on how out of the way they are, but I would guess as this is work related, you wouldn't be going into isolated locations. 

Correct.  Even as a stupid American I can point to where all the locations are on a globe, so I'm thinking will be fine.  Will see about picking up a feeless debit card, appreciate the heads up!

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 758, EX 2 758, EQ 8 795, TU 8 762, EX 8 786 (7/28/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor

I carry all my cc + 2 debit cards

I carry all of my cards since I only have 3 CCs + my debit and could use any of them on any given day.

Scores: TU 729 - EQ 719 - Ex 718 (1/02/17)
Wallet: Capital one quicksilver One $500 - Chase Freedom $1500 - Amex BCE $500 -
Established Member

I carry all 8 of my cards plus 1 debit card. Don't know why I carry all 8. I just do.

Frequent Contributor

I carry 2 CC and my debit card in my wallet and have 5 CC loaded into Samsung Pay.

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor

My Secured Card has been SD for the past few months now, and I just SD my Amex starting this month..

I'm losing interest on my AMEX BCE, no growth.. Been asking CLI every month and always decline.

Will decide the faith of my Citi Secured this Fall.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Current FICO 8 Scores as of 02/17/17: TU: 687 - EQ: 683 - EX: 649

Cards: Amex Platinum & BCE 1K, Chase Fdm Ultd 1K, Jetblue 11.5K, Quicksilver 5K, Discover IT 9K, PenFed Plat Rwrds 8.5K, Amazon Prime Visa 3K, Citi Scrd 200.
Contributor

As of late I carry three: Chase FU, Citi DC, and Discover.  As such I have three different rewards programs, three different issuers, and three different networks covered.

Valued Contributor

I keep 5 CCs in my wallet:

1) Discover card

2) AMEX charge card

3) Elan Fidelity Visa card

4) AT&T Universal (Citi) Master card

5) Best Buy store card

Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850 (3/2017)
Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850 (3/2017)
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 804 TU 823 EX 830 (3/2017) EX Fico 98: 839 (3/2017)
VS 3.0:...... EQ 832 TU 832 EX 832 (3/2017)
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 887 TU 899 EX 900 (3/2017)
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950 (4/2017)
Frequent Contributor

BOA for groceries, Chase Freedom for gas, Citi DC for everything else, debit card.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Walmart Mastercard|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$83,300 total card credit FICO Equifax-803, FICO Transunion-791, FICO Experian-771 , DTI-3.4%

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.