Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Regular Contributor

Re: How Many Credit Cards do you bring with you at all time?

I carry a slim money clip that holds my fav 3: AmEx Platinum, USBank Cash+ and the Discover IT. Coupled with a drivers liscence, school ID, and insurance card there ain't much room for anything else.
Established Contributor

When I travel in the USA, I carry 2 CCs: NFCU is my everyday card and a backup.  My BU is usually PenFed or Barclays.  I NEVER carry my debit card.

If I am traveling overseas, I will add the Delta AMEX as my 3rd card.

I always carry about $50 cash locally, $200 if I travel within the USA and $1500 if I travel overseas.  I have a $20 bill hidden in each vehicle for emergency gas purposes.  I have never used any of my back up plans.  However, my Mother always told me, "It is better to have and not need, than to need and not have".

I love you Mom.

F'08 APR16: EQ714, EX675, TU679; Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

3-6 cards total each from different banks depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing.  I pretty much use the same 3 cards most of the time unless I meeting spend on a new card, any extras I carry are backup when traveling.  The rest stay at home in their own dedicated CC wallet.  Main Debit card stays home at all times.  Though I carry a debit card linked to a secondary account with a much smaller amount of cash in it for random ATM withdrawals, as needed.

Established Contributor

BCE,Cash+ are in my pocket daily...

Now all my other CCs stay in a backpack that's either 1. At home. or 2. In the car. Either or

AmexBCE&ED|Freedom|NFCUcc&CLOC|Wells|Cash+|ElanFin.|Dia'md prefer.|Gardening since 10/23/2016|TOTAL CL$95.2K !!!NOIIICE!!!

5, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom, Paypal Extra, Sam's Club MasterCard, Discover IT

FICO Score 716/695/707 @March 12th, 2017
Frequent Contributor

How many cards do you like to carry in your wallet?

I currently have three cards. A mastercard, visa and american express. How many cards do you carry in your wallet? I feel like three isn't enough? Even though they have plenty of availability (25k). How many do you consider is comfortable in your wallet?

In Wallet 03/15/2017: CSP $10,000 | Chase Freedom $6,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited $6,000

In Garden Until 03/15/2018 - Chase Sapphire Reserve - Last INQ 03/15/2017
Regular Contributor

Re: How many cards do you like to carry in your wallet?

I also carry 3 cards with me: American Express Platinum, Chase Fairmont, and the Discover IT. I tend to pay with my AmEx whenver possible followed by the Chase card as a number of places I go are VISA only. 

Valued Contributor

I carry all my cards

Amex PRG
Amex BCE
Chase Amazon Prime
Chase United Explorer
BoFA 321
My Cards:
American Express PRG-American Express BCE-Chase United Mileage Explorer-Chase Amazon
Established Contributor

Currently: Chase Sapphire Preferred for almost everything right now (hello $625 travel credit spend bonus), AmEx Platinum for flexibility on large purchases and because I enjoy seeing it when I open my wallet, Discover it for fuel and BJ's Wholesale Club (10% back with matching promo), Chase Freedom idle until Q2 5% categories but didn't take it out of my wallet, PenFed Defender for emergency cash advance (no fee).  My AmEx Gold was swiped 99% of the time from 2002 until about a year ago - it was weird to take that out of my wallet.

american_express_platinum.pngamerican_express_preferred_rewards_gold.pngamerican_express_starwood_preferred_guest.pngamerican_express_blue.pngamerican_express_everyday.pngbank_of_america_georgetown_university_alumni_association.pngbank_of_america_travel_rewards.pngbank_of_america_bank_americard.pngcapital_one_quicksilver.pngcapital_one_venture_one.pngchase_sapphire_preferred.pngchase_freedom_unlimited.pngchase_freedom.pngchase_slate.pngcitibank_diamond_preferred.pngcitibank_double_cash.pngcitibank_best_buy.pngcomenity_bjs_elite_perks.pngdiscover_it.pngdiscover_it_bruins.pngnasa_federal_credit_union_platinum_advantage_rewards.pngnavy_fcu_visa_signature_flagship.pngpenfed_federal_credit_union_penfed_defender.pngpenfed_federal_credit_union_power_cash_rewards.pngsynchrony_amazon.pngsynchrony_lowes.pngcapital_one_kohls.pngtd_bank_target_mastercard.png
Gardening with a bronze spade. FICO 08: EQ 745 EX 745 TU 735
Super Contributor

I am trying to cut down the amount of cards i carry right now its CSR, EDP, Freedom and my debit card from Alliant CU. The three CC cover almost all my spending so it works for me

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.