cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I embed pictures in a reply to a post?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I embed pictures in a reply to a post?

I was in The Garden and wanted to show my latest myFICO scores. I made a screenshot, imported to Paint, then exported as a .jpg file. Next I went to the TinyPic website and it created different links for it. What is the next step to add within a reply to a post? (I don't want it in my Sig line, just like if I was going to reply to this message I'm sending now?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I embed pictures in a reply to a post?

First you click reply and then look for a button that says "Insert/edit image" (it should look like the one I circled for you in screen capture below).  Then you look for a tab that says "From Another Site", click on it and then insert that TinyPic URL in there and then click "Load image" (again, pic below Smiley Tongue ).

Once it's loaded then you click on "Insert image" and it should give you a preview of what it'll look like on your post.  When you're done, click "Post".

If you don't see all that above then make sure that "Use the Rich Text Editor tab by default" is checked (it's under My Settings > Preferences).

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome...thanks for the help! I will look at this after I get settled back in. Just got home from bicycle riding with the family and it's Talladega time!

Message 3 of 28
eddie84
Valued Contributor

^ Sounds like fun!  Hope that will help you with inserting images in your post.  Please let me know if you still need help. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I verified the settings, I have Rich Text set as my default in my settings, however when I click on the Insert/edit image, the box I get is "Source" "Image Description" and "Dimensions". I don't get the other box like you do. I'm using Chrome Browser. Is that possibly the issue?

Message 5 of 28
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Hmm.. the problem might be with TinyPic URL itself.  I'm also using Chrome so that shouldn't be a problem.  Might wanna try using imgur.com instead.  It's free to sign up and a lot simpler imho.

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@eddie84 wrote:

Hmm.. the problem might be with TinyPic URL itself.  I'm also using Chrome so that shouldn't be a problem.  Might wanna try using imgur.com instead.  It's free to sign up and a lot simpler imho.

Eddie - no I didn't even attempt to upload an image from there, I meant when I simply click on the "Insert/edit Image" the box is different from the correct one. I wish I could somehow get the one for the URL. Confusion!

Message 7 of 28
eddie84
Valued Contributor

After you click on insert/edit image there should be a dialog box pops up.  In that box there should be 3 tabs on top.  Make sure to choose the last tab (the one that says "From anther site").  Let me know if you see that on the screen.

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@eddie84 wrote:

After you click on insert/edit image there should be a dialog box pops up.  In that box there should be 3 tabs on top.  Make sure to choose the last tab (the one that says "From anther site").  Let me know if you see that on the screen.

That's the problem - it doesn't have tabs at the top. I wish there was a way to send you a screenshot of what I get when I hit it! 

Message 9 of 28
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Just replied to your PM. 

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.