Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do YOU carry your cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do YOU carry your cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

Over the past five years, I've gone up to about 11 CCs.  Naturally, most of my cards have gotten sock-drawered.  I'd say there are a total of six cards I use regularly enough (every 1-3 months). 

However, carrying six friggin' CCs (in addition to debit cards, etc) isn't ideal, espeically when some of them aren't used for months at a time.  So how do YOU guys do it? 

At the moment, I rotate cards in and out of my wallet on an as-needed basis.  For example: if I know I'm going to the mall, I'll pull my JCP CC out of my "regular rotation sock drawer" and throw it into my wallet.

But even that doesn't work out too well, because many times I'll find myself at a specific place, making a specific purchase that a specific card I left at home would've been perfect for.  

My main wallet splits off into two pieces. One is an insert which is what i've been carrying lately since my doc wants me to balance out, esp when sitting (Post-Spinal Fusion)

I can carry 4 cards (currently CSP, AMEX PRG, Sallie Mae, Discover It), my DL, a couple of state licenses, my insurance card, sam's club card, and $30-60 cash.

Message 52 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best wallet to keep 10 cards in?

Im looking for a slim but stylish wallet that could carry about 10 cards.  Any suggestions would be nice.

Message 51 of 82
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: Best wallet to keep 10 cards in?

*duplicate post*

Message 53 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm kind of going through the same dilemma. After Drivers license, Health insurance cards, Costco card, Ect, it gets really thick carrying around Debit cards, credit cards, ect. I just have a normal wallet right now and leave most in the sock drawer. I'd like to be able to carry them all, but also the idea of theft or misplacement makes me not want to do that either.

Also about the RFID Wallets...Have been looking into those lately also. My card information got stolen and someone was trying to charge things in another state. I don't know if it was just coincidence, but it was on the only card I have that has the RFID..

Message 54 of 82
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Im looking for a slim but stylish wallet that could carry about 10 cards.  Any suggestions would be nice.

I think your best bet would be a hipster wallet, which is larger than an average bi or trifold wallet (large enough to carry foreign currency), but far slimmer because your cards aren't stacked as tightly on top of one another, which means less bulk.  Here are a few options at different price points:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ZAMPIS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=96MM98R11CBV&coliid=IEG3E9FKTEF9Z&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001UE74BI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=96MM98R11CBV&coliid=I2PN6T9077VAS1&psc=1

https://www.johnstonmurphy.com/hipster-wallet%C2%A0/5758.html

http://www.tonyperottiusa.com/prima-hipster-wallet-with-i-d-window/  : I have this one.  It's good quality, slim with all card slots filled and fits in a pocket comfortably, but it is on the wider side.  Whenever I don't need to carry a lot of my cards, I use a smaller wallet.

Message 55 of 82
celluloid17
Established Contributor

*duplicate post*

(not sure how that happened?!)

Message 56 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MstrPTato wrote:

Velcro wallet...the good ole' days. Fanny pack could work...take the 17 cards, stack them up and wrap them with a rubber band. Brick-O-Cards!

That's how my grandfather carried his cards and money...wrapped up in a rubber band in his pocket.  Smiley Very Happy  I have room for some cards in my wallet and the rest I've been leaving at home.  I was just on Amazon and purchased a small snap closure credit card holder that holds 26 cards so I won't be leaving any at home any more.

Message 57 of 82
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I own a Ridge Wallet Titanium.

Message 58 of 82
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

What is that it looks more like a memory card?

Message 59 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DrZoidberg wrote:

I want one.

Message 60 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.