Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you juggle your cards???

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: How do you juggle your cards???

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dw4250 -- ahhh I like your way of thinking - now we are getting somewhere -- you hit my questions in the right spot. Man Happy

Out of curiosity, did you ever forget about a certain card(s) - SD'd it then boom, "sorry we have closed your account for non-usage" letter comes in your mailbox?  That's why I'm scared because I may lose a card if I don't use it alot. For example, I have a Cap-One with $5k and I know for a fact I will not use it - if at all. (well maybe for some movie tickets and popcorn. LOL) Smiley Very Happy  

When does a creditor say - hey look at that guy - he's not even using our card. We are not making money off of him -- well golly gee - CLOSE HIS ACOUNT NOW!   Smiley Surprised  Smiley Frustrated

No I've never forgotten....that's why I use excel.Smiley Wink

Technically a creditor can close your account for non usage at anytime.  However most banks will let it go for 6-12 months if not more.  If you're concerned about it, a good rule of thumb is to use each card at least once every 3-4 months (which is why I like the auto pay so then I don't have to worry about it).

Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZHrrtUv2ek

Love it!!!!

So that's the secret!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 32 of 37
Jlu
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you buy dinner for the whole office at a 5-Star restaurant???? LOL Man LOL

No, just all of my monthly expenses plus a month advance worth of bills - Expenses are of course, relative to income Smiley Wink

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 33 of 37
laz98
Senior Contributor

Spreadsheets, Mint.com, Check.com (Check.me.com?), & logging into the individual sites.

Time-consuming for many but very calming for me.

Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Mint and Check.me.com. love both of them. Keeps me updated with payment due dates. 

Message 35 of 37
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

I have a Google sheet I can access anywhere in the world I happen to be (with web access)

I use two, AMEX platinum and Citi Prestige (when they do not take Amex)

The rest (22 cards and 5 ploc's) I keep in a coin wallet and use once every 6 months to keep active.

Simple.

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

I have a Google sheet I can access anywhere in the world I happen to be (with web access)

I use two, AMEX platinum and Citi Prestige (when they do not take Amex)

The rest (22 cards and 5 ploc's) I keep in a coin wallet and use once every 6 months to keep active.

Simple.

I use Excel -- do you know if I can import into Google Sheets?  Is it similar? 

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.