cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you keep track of all of this?

tag
Crisis
Established Contributor

Re: How do you keep track of all of this?

@Chris679 wrote:

Reviewing the charges on your statement is always a good idea. 

I have heard good things about Mint but have yet to try it.  You can do everything on your phone now and that makes it a lot easier. 

I pay whenever I feel like it, sometime that's once a week other times its after the statement.  Citi limits me to 4 online payments per statement but from a lender perspective the more often you are paying, the less risk there is for them.  Mainly it depends on how much I spend on the card.  I find it can get temping if you start letting the balance get too high during the month.  Before you know it the statement comes and you can't pay the full amount.

Also, one of the smartest things I did was open a 2nd checking account to pay all bills out off.  Direct deposit comes in one account and the only things that go out are cash and transfers to the other account.  The second account always has the money for the bills and you never have to worry about accidentally withdrawing money that you needed for a bill that hasn't cleared yet.  All my spending is done with credit cards so I find it is easy to control spending because I can see exactly what I spend independently of any bills.

Really love this little tidbit.  Brilliant way of protecting assets. 

In the garden until debt is paid off and scores are up!
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.