Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How far would you go for a CC?

tag
jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

How far would you go for a CC?

I'm not eligible for NFCU, but I really want to get in with them. Should I enlist, then get a dishonorable discharge? Smiley Frustrated

How far would you go for a CC? Smiley Wink

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: How far would you go for a CC?

Omg, LMFAO!!!
Message 2 of 9
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@jon22guitar wrote:

Not that far since for me, it's just another card to worry about. Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 9
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@jon22guitar wrote:

I'm not eligible for NFCU, but I really want to get in with them. Should I enlist, then get a dishonorable discharge? Smiley Frustrated

If only registering for the Selective Service counted as service for NFCU. That would be great! 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 4 of 9
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@jon22guitar wrote:

evenas a veteran myself thats disgraceful
Message 5 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@jon22guitar wrote:

I don't think it's a good idea to get a DD. It'll be hard for you to get a job among other things. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 9
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

EDIT:  I had to delete my own post.  Smiley Frustrated

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 7 of 9
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Id go as far as waiting 3 months and trying again Smiley Tongue  If I cant get it now, I probably cant within the next year.

You can join military, fail the physical tests while in basic and get an uncharacterized discharge which turns into an honorable discharge months later.

(I knew a few guys tho did this, failed the run every time so they would get booted out honorably)

That happen to me but it was not on purpose but its how I found out.  8 or so guys including me had it happen to them. (103+ fever, non stop coughing and throwing up for WEEKS)  Turns out of they infect you with some crappy disease youre not immune to, they dont try to fix it just leave you in hospital until one day weeks later in hospital they have you sign some papers and inform you, you are out.  Pick up your final check, turn in your stuff and get on the bus to leave.  (and youre still sick, thanks army!)

No need to get dishonorable Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jon22guitar wrote:

LOL Smiley Happy, i applied for a Chase Freedom and was Declined Smiley Frustrated , i Called to Recon and was told, There is Nothing they can do about it but IF i were Banking with them, They would take that into Consideration, Well, The next day, i opened a Chase Savings account and then i applied for the Freedom again, Approved! Smiley Very Happy , Then 1 Week after that i applied  for the AARP and Approved too Smiley LOL  ,Then i Closed the Savings account i had with them, LOL Smiley Tongue, i Bank with BOA, i like BOA Banking style much better than Chase's anyway Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.