cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take you to achieve your goals?

tag
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

Re: How long does it take you to achieve your goals?

woopah, your weight loss journey is amazing. I am sure you will meet your goal this year. We will all be cheering you on! Getting your credit cards paid off will leave you extra money every month to keep personal trainer, that is a win-win situation for you!

Not applicable

@mymoneynow wrote:

woopah, your weight loss journey is amazing. I am sure you will meet your goal this year. We will all be cheering you on! Getting your credit cards paid off will leave you extra money every month to keep personal trainer, that is a win-win situation for you!

Thank you!  I worked out with him yesterday, and I hurt so bad.  But that's okay.  I feel so much better after just 2 days of working out again. And I'm already thinking of working with him more than the 4 sessions, but we'll see.  He said he thinks i can lose 10-12 pounds in the next 4 weeks.  I'll be happy with a lost off 4.  Smiley Tongue

Message 22 of 26
Henrietta23
Valued Member

Noah Bodie and Masdeocho, I love your humor!  Thank you!!!

Message Edited by Henrietta23 on 22-02-2009 07:41 AM
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it so easy to get discouraged with goals when they don't come to fruition fast enough.  I am in the process of trying to get my debt paid off; however, I feel instead that I have stopped living.  Three years of no shopping and no fun just to get out of debt is a very daunting thing to face.  I know I got myself into this whole mess and am the only one to get myself out of it.  Doesn't make it any easier. 
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a few weeks ago I celebrated the 1-year anniversary of beating a half-a-pack a day cigarette habit.  It took more attempts than I can count during a span of 5-6 years, but I accomplished my goal (of initially quitting) and am continuing to accomplish my goal (each day that I choose not to start back).   

Message 25 of 26
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Henrietta23 wrote:

I am very impatient -- I want to achieve my goals quickly.  If you have achieved a goal recently (any goal), please tell how long it took from the time you started to the time when you could say you did what you set out to do.

The question is too broad, so there is no single answer.  Some of my goals I accomplish by the end of the day or week in which I first articulate them, while other goals have taken me 10 years or more.  The best way to accomplish a long term goal is to structure it as a series of attainable shorter term goals and reward yourself in some appropriate way for attaining each subgoal, which helps you keep focused.

"Discipline is remembering what you really want."

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.