Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many credit cards do you have?

tag
SomeGuyNamedFred
Established Member

Re: How many credit cards do you have?

Only 2 cards, which makes me an amateur on these forums, haha.  I have my eye on three more though, but five sounds like a lot to me (even though it would still make me a noob compared to other's here).

last fico as of about 9 months ago was 783

Message 31 of 54
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

I have no idea of this is a good idea or not but I want to reach 20 credit cards.

The way I think about it is in 2 years all those hard pulls will be off.  Thats the time when my car lease is also up.

I am trying to think of 2 years from now and being able to garden for years.

Hmm I think i heard from somewhere to many Credit cards can hurt your score ( I didn't hear it from here but somewhere else) Though i can be wrong 

On thin files (just starting a credit profile), this is true but thicker files it is not true.  

The impact of new inq's/TLs on a low AAOA can hurt a score but in time, they will recover. 

Message 32 of 54
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Thanks 09Lexie. I am looking towards the future. 2 years from now.

Should I stop at 15 cards or 20?
Message 33 of 54
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

I just want to see how many credit cards people have and what your current fico score is.

9 Cards

Fico 755

Around 12... not counting departments stores or credit line (ie. Dell Financial Service, etc).  Current score is 754 (EQ).

Message 34 of 54
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@JoshNurse wrote:
Thanks 09Lexie. I am looking towards the future. 2 years from now.

Should I stop at 15 cards or 20?

That's a personal decision.  Think quality, not quantity. 

Spoken from from someone who has an excess of 30 cc's.  Smiley Embarassed

Message 35 of 54
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I have too many for my personal comfort level.

I have 9 credit cards and 1 store card.  Next week I'm closing one of my credit cards.  I'd really like to close more, but I'm debating on which ones I can close so that there's minimal impact to my scores.  I've done a card ranking and I would be comfortable keeping open my top 6 - I don't really want to juggle more than that.

My current Fico score according to Discover (TU) is 782.  

Message 36 of 54
jlpaca
Regular Contributor

10 with the new approvals including 1 biz card and 1 store card. Ex fico 708. 

Message 37 of 54
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

24 cards scores are in the 780s.  Will probably trim down to 18 by the end of the year.

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 38 of 54
wmweeza
Established Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

I just want to see how many credit cards people have and what your current fico score is.

9 Cards

Fico 755

2 on my own, a 3rd as an AU.(hubby and I added eachother to one of our cards) My Experian fico (actual myfico experian) is 804, My credit Karma is 755

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 39 of 54
wmweeza
Established Contributor

@SomeGuyNamedFred wrote:

Only 2 cards, which makes me an amateur on these forums, haha.  I have my eye on three more though, but five sounds like a lot to me (even though it would still make me a noob compared to other's here).

last fico as of about 9 months ago was 783

Thank God! I was beginning to think I was one of the very few with a tiny amount of cards and a decent score! It seems to be rare around here

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 40 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.