Established Member
SomeGuyNamedFred

Re: How many credit cards do you have?

Only 2 cards, which makes me an amateur on these forums, haha.  I have my eye on three more though, but five sounds like a lot to me (even though it would still make me a noob compared to other's here).

last fico as of about 9 months ago was 783

09Lexie

Closingracer99 wrote:

JoshNurse wrote:

I have no idea of this is a good idea or not but I want to reach 20 credit cards.

The way I think about it is in 2 years all those hard pulls will be off.  Thats the time when my car lease is also up.

I am trying to think of 2 years from now and being able to garden for years.

Hmm I think i heard from somewhere to many Credit cards can hurt your score ( I didn't hear it from here but somewhere else) Though i can be wrong 

On thin files (just starting a credit profile), this is true but thicker files it is not true.  

The impact of new inq's/TLs on a low AAOA can hurt a score but in time, they will recover. 

Regular Contributor
Laddi

5 with fico of 718.

Barclay Rewards Platinum MasterCard $10,000
Capital One QuickSilver World MasterCard $7,000
Capital One QuickSilver Platinum Visa $3,000
Macy's Store $3000

BK Chapter 7 Discharged in 2007
Regular Contributor
JoshNurse

Thanks 09Lexie. I am looking towards the future. 2 years from now.

Should I stop at 15 cards or 20?

Established Contributor
eddie84

[ Edited ]

JoshNurse wrote:

I just want to see how many credit cards people have and what your current fico score is.

9 Cards

Fico 755

Around 12... not counting departments stores or credit line (ie. Dell Financial Service, etc).  Current score is 754 (EQ).

8/16/14 EQ 724 | AmEx Platinum NPSL | Discover it $11k | BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $7k | Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage WMC $10k | Barclaycard Arrival+ WMC $9.7k | Jared/Kay $5.1k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5k | BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $5k | DFS $5k | PayPal SC $5k | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4.7k | BofA Better Balance Rewards MC $7k | Chase Freedom Visa $4k | Zales $5k | US Bank Visa Platinum $3k | Bloomingdale's $3k | Amex Hilton HHonors $2k | Macy's $1.2k | Amex Delta SkyMiles $1k | Chase Amazon $800
09Lexie

JoshNurse wrote:
Thanks 09Lexie. I am looking towards the future. 2 years from now.

Should I stop at 15 cards or 20?

That's a personal decision.  Think quality, not quantity. 

Spoken from from someone who has an excess of 30 cc's.  :smileyembarrassed:

Frequent Contributor
celluloid17

I have too many for my personal comfort level.

I have 9 credit cards and 1 store card.  Next week I'm closing one of my credit cards.  I'd really like to close more, but I'm debating on which ones I can close so that there's minimal impact to my scores.  I've done a card ranking and I would be comfortable keeping open my top 6 - I don't really want to juggle more than that.

My current Fico score according to Discover (TU) is 782.  

Commenced gardening: June 2, 2014
Established Member
jlpaca

10 with the new approvals including 1 biz card and 1 store card. Ex fico 708. 

Regular Contributor
iwazl71

24 cards scores are in the 780s.  Will probably trim down to 18 by the end of the year.

Scores: EQ 754, EX 750, TU 783
Cards: 23 with 425k CL
AAoA: 3.5 years
Contributor
wmweeza

JoshNurse wrote:

I just want to see how many credit cards people have and what your current fico score is.

9 Cards

Fico 755

2 on my own, a 3rd as an AU.(hubby and I added eachother to one of our cards) My Experian fico (actual myfico experian) is 804, My credit Karma is 755

EX score 804! Score as shown on CreditKarma 755.
Only cards I have; Bank of Amer Cash rewards, $5400, Target $300

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+