cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many credit cards do you think is too many?

tag
One7
Valued Contributor

Re: How many credit cards do you think is too many?

@MyWorthiness wrote:

Well looks like you have a nice line up there! Would you mind telling how I can add photos of my credit cards under my profile please? I've asked several people but no one has given me a response. Thanks in advance.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/m-...
This link should help you out.

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 21 of 25
MyWorthiness
Established Member

Thanks so much!!

Message 22 of 25
MyWorthiness
Established Member

You seem to be doing whats best for you! Thats what its all about!

Message 23 of 25
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@MyWorthiness wrote:

How many credit cards do you have and how many do you think is too many?

The limit of whatever one can reasonably manage + 1. 

Message 24 of 25
DiC916

I have 20 cards, 10 of which are store cards. I only use a few of the cards though. I track spending using exel and a software program called YNAB. It takes hours to learn and set up, but with it I am able to track spending on cards as though they're debit cards, and not spend more than I can pay. My family has a lot of high, regular expenses (daycare alone is $435 a *week* for two kids) that we use to earn miles/points. I will be getting rid of some cards next year, after they've aged a bit.

I think the amount that's too many depends on the person. Some people can successfully manage 20+ cards, and I've known people who couldn't remember to pay even one credit card. If you can't remember to even pay your card (s), you have too many.
EX: 675 / EQ: 737 / TU: 693
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.