Valued Contributor
One7

Re: How many credit cards do you think is too many?

MyWorthiness wrote:

Well looks like you have a nice line up there! Would you mind telling how I can add photos of my credit cards under my profile please? I've asked several people but no one has given me a response. Thanks in advance.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/m-...
This link should help you out.

MyFico Current Scores: EX 758 EQ 787 TU 723 (All 3 starting scores were mid 500s 2/18/13 ) ****Last INQ 11/22/14****
Diners Club WEMC 15k | Citi AA Exec WEMC 11k | BofA Trav Rwds Sig 10k | BofA Cash Rwds Sig 5k | Merrill+ Sig 5k | Hawaiian Air WEMC 7k | JP Morgan Ritz Carlton Sig 5k | Chase Frdm Sig 5.4k | Chase CSP Sig 5k | Marriott Premier Sig 6k | Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex SPG 3k | Amex Costco 1.2k | Citi TYP Sig 5k | Barclay Rwds WMC 5k | Total Rwds Sig 8k | Citi Hilton Reserve Sig | Cap1 QS Visa 3k | SG Rwds 8.8k | GM WEMC 3k | Wlmart MC 4k | Discover It 1.4k | Dillards Amex 2k | NASA 30k | US Bank Plat 300 | Lowe's 8.5k | Jared 7.6k | Kay 7.6k | J Deere 5k | CareCredit 6.6k | Home Depot 14k | Amazon 4.75k | PayPal SC 4k | Chevron 1.8k | Macy's 1.5k | J Crew 9.2k | +4 Cards
Established Member
MyWorthiness

Thanks so much!!

Established Member
MyWorthiness

You seem to be doing whats best for you! Thats what its all about!

Valued Contributor
takeshi74

[ Edited ]

MyWorthiness wrote:

How many credit cards do you have and how many do you think is too many?

The limit of whatever one can reasonably manage + 1. 

DiC916

I have 20 cards, 10 of which are store cards. I only use a few of the cards though. I track spending using exel and a software program called YNAB. It takes hours to learn and set up, but with it I am able to track spending on cards as though they're debit cards, and not spend more than I can pay. My family has a lot of high, regular expenses (daycare alone is $435 a *week* for two kids) that we use to earn miles/points. I will be getting rid of some cards next year, after they've aged a bit.

I think the amount that's too many depends on the person. Some people can successfully manage 20+ cards, and I've known people who couldn't remember to pay even one credit card. If you can't remember to even pay your card (s), you have too many.
EX: 675 / EQ: 737 / TU: 693

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}