Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many points do you have? How'd you earn em? =]

tag
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

Re: How many points do you have? How'd you earn em? =]

@jsucool76 wrote:
My marriott numbers will be climbing soon, as I switched megabonus promos, so my double points won't post until after the promo is over since I need to contact marriott to get it to post correctly. 

Regarding the Marriott Megabonus, how do I signup? I'm currently a Ritz/Marriott member, and have a ton of upcoming stays in November. I'd love to earn 2X the points ontop of my current Ritz earning rate.
Thanks!

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 11 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Amex = 118k MR's

Chase UR's = 90k

HHonors = 50k

Delta = 40k

Mainly sign-up up bonuses obviously mixed in with some spend.  Before year is over Amex MR's will be closer to 175k approx after adding the PRG for anoter 50k and hopefully have the Ritz 140k+3k for spend so 143k marriott.. We shall see if that promo comes back though

Message 12 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Jansroom726 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
My marriott numbers will be climbing soon, as I switched megabonus promos, so my double points won't post until after the promo is over since I need to contact marriott to get it to post correctly. 

Regarding the Marriott Megabonus, how do I signup? I'm currently a Ritz/Marriott member, and have a ton of upcoming stays in November. I'd love to earn 2X the points ontop of my current Ritz earning rate.
Thanks!

Your promo should already have been chosen. You normally need to change the promo before it starts, but you might still be able to call up and change it. If you log into your marriott account, and go to promo central you should see any promos you're elligible for. 

promocentral.jpg

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

only been in the points/cards game seriously since May.

have roughly 90k MR points, 85k IHG points, and 24k AGR points.

We have around $200 in discover cash back and will be using those for car rentals. Hoping the $50 shell gift cards for $25 come back, but with all this double cash back promo and apple pay promo stuff, I would laugh till I cried. That would make Discover the bests card in history in my book (at least for their efforts).

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

AA -263K - I use these points for Vegas trips and will use to fly to LA for Australia trip 

Virgin America - 160K - going to be used for 2 round trip business class tickets from LA to Sydney, Australia

Chase UR -145K, with 60K pending - will convert some to Hyatt points for stay at Hyatt Park Sydney

BA - 55K

United - 18K

SW - 17K

SPG - 31K

Marriott - 245K

AMEX - 40K,  just transferred 260K to VA

Delta -55K

TY - 68K

Also and just as important to me as points, $1100 in AA gift cards

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I've just started the points game a couple of months ago.  Currently I have three points cards and they are all hotel cards.

IHG - 121,542 points.  I'm now a Spire Elite member.  I got these from signing up for the CC and staying one time for $80 during the fall promo.  Then once the 80k points hit and I got the Spire level that was good for 25k more points.  Pretty happy with my results on this card so far. The bonus points are not supposed to count towards Spire but there was an issue with them posting points and when they finally got them they counted.  Many thanks to them as that was worth another 25k!

Wyndham - 57,400 or so.  Credit card signup and one stay netting me bonus points here too.   I am using 6,000 points this weekend on a two night stay and that 6k is saving my $183 over not using points at all.  I feel that is a pretty good use of my points!  I have 15k more coming that have not yet posted.

Hyatt - 6,600  Signing up my daughter as an AU and meeting my spend requirements.  Also got two free nights to use here in the next year from the sign up.

Message 16 of 20
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I've burned a lot of points lately, but here is what I have left:

AA: 470k

UA: 340k

MR: 103k

TY: 65k

SPG: 4k

Marriott/Ritz: 160k

Hilton: 140k

Hyatt: 85k

IHG: 150k

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 17 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

AA -263K - I use these points for Vegas trips and will use to fly to LA for Australia trip 

Virgin America - 160K - going to be used for 2 round trip business class tickets from LA to Sydney, Australia

Chase UR -145K, with 60K pending - will convert some to Hyatt points for stay at Hyatt Park Sydney

BA - 55K

United - 18K

SW - 17K

SPG - 31K

Marriott - 245K

AMEX - 40K,  just transferred 260K to VA

Delta -55K

TY - 68K

Also and just as important to me as points, $1100 in AA gift cards

Wow!  Some serious points.. Is that just yours or yours and your partners?

Message 18 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

Still a ton.. Assume you travel a ton for work?

Message 19 of 20
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

Still a ton.. Assume you travel a ton for work?

I only go to a few conferences a year, so not really.

I have a pretty high level of annual spend (for personal cards), plus sign-up bonuses

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.