Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much credit do you have?

tag
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Re: How much credit do you have?

@sillykitty1 wrote:

I think what allowed me to amass so much credit so quickly was Amex backdating (4 cards back to 1995), that allowed my report to look falsely thick and inflated my CS.  Also the mortgage TL’s are always commented on positively by UW’s.  From my own experience, I believe higher CL’s beget higher CL’s at least somewhat, and high-ish income contributes to higher CL’s.

Very nice, thanks for sharing.  I am/was in a similiar situation, but my mortgage account and auto were both closed - but still reporting.  I went on an app spee about 1 month ago and opened up 9 new trade lines. Your situation looked better since you have the open auto and mortgage installments.  However, my scores were 760ish accross the board when I started.  I acquired my 73.3k in about 2 weeks and ended up with 4 inq on EQ/EX and 3 on TU.  My TU score climbed to 780ish, but EQ/EX took a dive to around 710ish.  2 have yet to report - Amex and NASA.  I also opened up a savings share secured loan to help with FICO scoring and that has yet to report as well.  I am expecting my scores to go even lower due to this fact.  My AAoA was 8.x years and now is 3.5 years due to all the new TLs (including the 2 that have yet to report)

The one thing that stands out is all the inquiries you received; However it looks like they did not have an impact.  How many did you end up with?  There are some cards I still want for rewards purposes, but I really do not want to add any new accounts until the dust settles and I get back to the mid 700s.  My biggest problem is AAoA and the only fix for that is the garden - aka Hell.

Message 81 of 96
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@akula wrote:

The one thing that stands out is all the inquiries you received; However it looks like they did not have an impact.  How many did you end up with?  There are some cards I still want for rewards purposes, but I really do not want to add any new accounts until the dust settles and I get back to the mid 700s.  My biggest problem is AAoA and the only fix for that is the garden - aka Hell.

I agree, my inquiries do not seem to have had a hugely negative impact on my score.  I'm currently at EX:12, EQ: 6, TU: 6.  My EX is the lowest score throug, around 720 vs. 760.  I have tried to minimize the HP's whenever possible.  The Amex Plat & Blue sky with 1 pull, Nasa with no pull, and BOA BR & Fidelity Amex with 1 pull.

Message 82 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@akula wrote:

I agree, my inquiries do not seem to have had a hugely negative impact on my score.  I'm currently at EX:12, EQ: 6, TU: 6.  My EX is the lowest score throug, around 720 vs. 760.  I have tried to minimize the HP's whenever possible.  The Amex Plat & Blue sky with 1 pull, Nasa with no pull, and BOA BR & Fidelity Amex with 1 pull.

That's the name of the game.

Minimize HP's

Maximize SP's

Message 83 of 96
_sidhe_
Regular Contributor

$44,800 Smiley Happy

Message 84 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had $0 three months ago and now have $10k. Can't wait to garden these cards and get the high limits roll in since my income supports it. Still rebuilding from college irresponsibility.

Message 85 of 96
Involver
Valued Contributor

I have increased my credit limits 100x and my score nearly 200 points in the past year. Once you learn the rules to the game it's very easy to play.
Message 86 of 96
elim
Senior Contributor

6 months ago wal-mart gave me $150 store card.

today 30k revolving on 8 cards.

I work half the year and reported 32k income each year for the last 3.

this forum pretty much rocks

Message 87 of 96
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

76k....I am ashamed, I have too much credit and I barely use all my cards, I usually make 1-2 purchases for the ones I don't use to keep them active.

My main spending cards are CSP/Discover/Arrival+/Freedom/AMEX Costco

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 88 of 96
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

ULTIMATED W/ NPSL! 

Just kidding guys, I have $16,850 with a few other cards pending so maybe more in the coming days. I think that's enough for now especially for being a 19 and a 74K income. Also the cards in my sig are not up to date, I really need to update that.

What job do you have? Im seriously not on the right course, I should skip college Smiley Very Happy.

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 89 of 96
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

$433k, way more than I need!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 90 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.