cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much do you plan to spend on Valentine's Day?

tag
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: How much do you plan to spend on Valentine's Day?

I will spend nothing this Valentines day. I'll be busy making money off the people who go out to eat tonight! It should be a very good night for tips. Yay me.

Usually my dh and I write each other a letter honoring what our marriage means to us. Simple, but it means a lot.

Message 31 of 40
marty56
Super Contributor

DW has to work today so I am making her beef shank bone soup and 3 giant lobster tails.  Total cost around $80.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 32 of 40
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, I took our new-to-us cat to the vet this morning, and to my surprise, they offered to go ahead and neuter him this morning.

So for Valentine's Day, I suppose I'll be paying for a castration! Definitely one of my odder celebrations.

eta: $138 for neutering, initial exam, FIV/ feline leukemia virus blood test, rabies vax, combo cat vax, worm check, and nail clip. Heckuva deal. And it only took two hours, door to door.

Cat's not too happy, though.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-14-2009 08:56 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 33 of 40
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Well, I took our new-to-us cat to the vet this morning, and to my surprise, they offered to go ahead and neuter him this morning.

So for Valentine's Day, I suppose I'll be paying for a castration! Definitely one of my odder celebrations.

eta: $138 for neutering, initial exam, FIV/ feline leukemia virus blood test, rabies vax, combo cat vax, worm check, and nail clip. Heckuva deal. And it only took two hours, door to door.

Umm, can you blame him?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Beer -- about $8

Pizza -- about $12

having my ex-girlfriend out of my life -- PRICELESS !!!  Smiley Very Happy

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all !!!

Hey. I've done the single Valentine's day with Beer and Pizza. It was quite nice!

The single life is definitely underrated!  I dunno, though, I'll probably change my mind when I meet "the right one" 

Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Awww, poor Kitty!  Smiley Sad  Did they put one of those big cone-shaped plastic collars over his head?  I'll never forget the first time I saw one of those, back when I took my cat to get neutered.  I thought it was one of the most hilarious things I'd ever seen, I guess just because I'd never seen one & wasn't expecting anything like that.  I mean, it was kinda sad because she was obviously uncomfortable, but it just looked so funny! 
Message 36 of 40
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

No, males don't need it. They don't have stitches to worry about. Elizabethan collars, right? They put them on dogs who've goobered up their ears, too, and don't need to be digging at them.

I think right now he's in more of a funk from the vaccinations than the other. He's under the bed, looking hung over. I tried petting him, but I had a lot of static built up, and I wound up zapping him instead. Poor guy. Definitely not his day.

I wouldn't normally have combined the two, but that's what happens when an adult cat moves in on you.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 37 of 40
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
No, males don't need it. They don't have stitches to worry about. Elizabethan collars, right? They put them on dogs who've goobered up their ears, too, and don't need to be digging at them.

I think right now he's in more of a funk from the vaccinations than the other. He's under the bed, looking hung over. I tried petting him, but I had a lot of static built up, and I wound up zapping him instead. Poor guy. Definitely not his day.

I wouldn't normally have combined the two, but that's what happens when an adult cat moves in on you.
What a mean mommy you are, HTSU. You take his manhood, vaccinate him and shock him all in one day. LOL

Message 38 of 40
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

That's OK, he wobbled out from under the bed and had some roasted chicken, which is definitely a bump up from the Junk-from-a-Bag that he usually gets.

He's even purring again. In a somewhat distracted manner.
Message 39 of 40
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
That's OK, he wobbled out from under the bed and had some roasted chicken, which is definitely a bump up from the Junk-from-a-Bag that he usually gets.

He's even purring again. In a somewhat distracted manner.
Uh yeah, he wants to be happy about the chicken, but he is wondering where his "boys" went.

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.