Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much money you can save with fewer inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much money you can save with fewer inquiries

Just got my ins renewal, they had raised my rate 130. every six months, absolutely nothing has changed.  Needless to say i threw a fit.  So they send me to another rep to help me.  We get to talking and she is like nothing has changed so its just a normal rate increase.  So i ask her how important CS is because mine is higher than hubbies, she says they dont really look at the score they look at how many accounts you have and inquiries so I say hubby has inquiries and I have none.  So she reruns the policy in my name, 301. dif every six mths for the autos, 302. dif per year for the fifth wheel, then she had to go to a meeting and will call me back at 2:30 and we will check the kubota ins., its only 417. full coverage per year if i save 300. a year there that would be nice hehehe.  So the short of it is i paid to danged much for ins. in dec. but, i only paid 188. for the montana ins for a year, for full coverage with my refund off the other policy.  Inquiries are much more important and costly than just to your CS.  Vicki
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How much money you can save with fewer inquiries

I wonder how often insurance companies pull your credit. I renewed recently and there were no hard or soft inquiries. But it does state in their agreement that they will pull my credit.

Could they be referring to other auto insurance inquiries? Maybe they see that as a risk and proceed to increase on the assumption that your DH was denied for the others.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

She said they pull once a year, the increase was from general rate increases, the orginal savings should have came in dec when i wrote the policy (changed companies).  So I actually paid 5 mths of higher premiums.  She said they rate you from A-Z, which i'm A1 which is the best.  Hubby because he had two inquiries on auto, bought a truck and co-signed for our sons truck, she told me this is what caused the rate to be higher with him listed first.  I have zero inquiries, didnt realize a couple of inquiries could hurt so much.  We have not check ins. rates since writing this policy.  All ins. inquiries are soft pulls. Plus they take in to account your driving and claims, which we have no tickets, no claims reporting.  Vicki
Message 3 of 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I think this is SUCH BS....yet another way to gouge us for $$$$$$$$$

Dh had 15, now 2...way togo
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.