Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much on gas do you spend? weekly/monthly

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: How much on gas do you spend? weekly/monthly

face palm!!! filled up today thinking it was tuesday. 

anyways, my tank was a little under half, trip meter said 200 miles. 

gas was 2.49, and put in $23.08, so thats an improvement, since last week. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

2.80 just about per gallon, spend about 40 a week give or take. Go back down gas!
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I rarely go more than 7 miles from my house.  My work is 3 miles, my mothers is about 3 miles, the grocery stores I regularly go to are all about 2.  Gas is currently $2.59/g throughout the city I live in.  On sundays when the gas station I most frequent is discounted usually by10c but sometimes only 5c.  They have an enormous amount of commercial business during the week which is the reason for the weekend discount but also makes it hard to get in at during the week. I try to only go to the gas station on sundays.  I go every two or three weeks depending on what extra driving I have done.  This past sunday it cost me about $26 @ $2.49/g to fill the tank on my jetta which was under a quarter full but light was not on. 

Price Chopper offers 5c off for every $100 you spend per quarter but I don't do most of my shopping there because I like other stores better and because the gas stations it applies to are no where near my home and are priced higher than average so unless I have built up at least 25c/g off there is no point in going out of the way to redeem.

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get depressed every time I fill up at the pump. Between my commute, the wife, and 4 kids, it adds up quick. In a month I spend anywhere from $800-$1000, although I'm in the oil business so I guess it all comes full circle Smiley Very Happy.

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gas went back up for me in norcal $3.39/gal !!!
Message 25 of 28
Girac
Regular Contributor

I work from home and travel as needed. when I work at home I can go a month between fill-ups, when I drive into the office or client locations i can go though 4-5 fill-ups in a month around or around $300 in gas.

Message 26 of 28
Vitte
Established Member

I keep a spreadsheet log. I'm driving about 1,000 to 1,200 miles a month... that is about average right?

I spent $138.68 for the month of April, gas averaging around $2.3 gallon.

I use to drive significantly more when I was a part time Uber driver. Uber decided to cut rates and add more and more drivers, so I decided to quit. Now that cost me a lot of gas, and probably depreciated my car. Wear and tear also, I need to work on my front brakes. Just wasn't worth it.

Message 27 of 28
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I spend $20 a week currently. That gets me a notch below F if I'm on E. Back when my job was 25 minutes away I spent like $50 a week smh
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.