Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much time is TOO much time??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much time is TOO much time??

After hubby remarking, as I headed into my home office to pop in here, "See you tomorrow," I began wondering how many others are in my position?

I AM obsessed. I live, breathe, eat and sleep FICO and credit-fixin'! While hubby understands AND appreciates the time I spend fixing our credit (he wants a house as bad as I do -- and he does NOT want to do the research, typing, etc), I think he feels a bit neglected.

Soooo .... does anyone have any tips on how I can mitigate his feelings of being neglected (no dirty jokes or suggestions, please -- after spending all night on the fora, I'm too tired and he ain't interested -- if you saw me after I spent 6 hours straight here, you'd not blame him!!)??

Does your SO appreciate what you're doing?? Do you have plans to go "cold turkey" for a bit after you solve your credit woes?

Inquiring (AKA nosey) minds want to know!!!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Re: How much time is TOO much time??

wonderin, I am right there with you.  Except its my kids who are about fed up with it.  Oldest DD thinks I am having an online affair and youngest just wants to play with her webkinz.  I am totally addicted to this.  I don't know what I'll do for a hobby when I get my credit cleaned up.  I actually miss you all when I'm not online  on this site.  I was reading some posts at work last night and laughing out loud at some of you guys.  Doesn't say much for my social life does it?
Message 2 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I bought a laptop (not specifically for this, lol) and I sit in the living room with DH while he watches his endless Speed and History Channel drivel. As long as I occasionally grunt acknowledgment of whatever's going on on the TV, he's happy. Every now and then, I read something from the forums out to him (I wait for commercials), and he grunts acknowledgment back at me.

From what I can tell, people weird out when you physically withdraw from the room. And while I suppose that someone could carry on wild, passionate Internet sex while sitting in the same room, looking vaguely bored, I think that most of us are OK most of the time with companionable separate interests as long as we're physically occupying the same space. And that occasional grunt of acknowledgment.

Why yes, we are coming up on our 28th anniversary, why do you ask? Smiley Very Happy But I no longer expect someone else to keep me entertained 24/7. I'm pretty happily independent and he's almost the same.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

let him go out and have fun with the boys
Message 4 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

fused wrote:
let him go out and have fun with the boys

That is what I did for DW tonight. She's out having margaritas with the girls. I'm Mr. Mom tonight.

Message Edited by llecs on 08-01-2008 11:54 PM
Message 5 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I spend a remarkable amount of time here, at home and at work. 

I do feel as if I am neglecting my poor dog.  He always walks into the computer room and puts his head on the keyboard. 

I have devoted one of my days off to him.  Do not get on the computer all day, let him take me for a walk, and spend my time with him. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderin wrote:
After hubby remarking, as I headed into my home office to pop in here, "See you tomorrow," I began wondering how many others are in my position?

I AM obsessed. I live, breathe, eat and sleep FICO and credit-fixin'! While hubby understands AND appreciates the time I spend fixing our credit (he wants a house as bad as I do -- and he does NOT want to do the research, typing, etc), I think he feels a bit neglected.

Soooo .... does anyone have any tips on how I can mitigate his feelings of being neglected (no dirty jokes or suggestions, please -- after spending all night on the fora, I'm too tired and he ain't interested -- if you saw me after I spent 6 hours straight here, you'd not blame him!!)??

Does your SO appreciate what you're doing?? Do you have plans to go "cold turkey" for a bit after you solve your credit woes?

Inquiring (AKA nosey) minds want to know!!!

Honey, my whole family feels it!  Kids ask "are you on myFICO again?" ~ worst part is... DH is gone 3 weeks out of most months and the few days he was home in July WHERE WAS DW??  You got it...right here.  He got a new TV in the living room a couple of weeks ago and I asked him to come hang out in here, with me where the crappy TV is (and yeah, it really IS crappy) just so we could occupy the same space and offer up the obligatory "grunts of acknowledgement" mentioned up above while he mentions what's on TV and I read something from the forums. 

When I do get our reports done, my plan is to help work on those of friends & family, in part to abate the withdrawals!  Smiley Surprised  Sad but true
Message 7 of 12
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Soooo .... does anyone have any tips on how I can mitigate his feelings of being neglected (no dirty jokes or suggestions, please --

Heck, a 52" flat screen HD TV should mitigate his feelings in a second. Then he could watch the Yankee game uninterrupted. And when the game is over, he could watch Yankee classics on YES.

Seems simple enough to me.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 8 of 12
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

For me at least, the same compulsive, obsessive habits that got me into debt are helping me to get out of it. :-)
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 9 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

Tons_of_Debt wrote:
For me at least, the same compulsive, obsessive habits that got me into debt are helping me to get out of it. :-)

That about sums it up for me too.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.