Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get my Dads navy records

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

How to get my Dads navy records

I am curious about my dads history in the navy,what is the easiest way to get his records. Can I find anything online?

We moved  around a lot. Illinois,Connecticut ,Kentucky,Virginia,California,South Carolina. I really miss the ocean, I moved to Florida with a friend at 17 and came back home 6 months later,that was the last time I saw the ocean, looooooooong time ago. I know my dad was on the Enterprise and  JF Kennedy. He was an Electrician ,Greatlakes Navel base IL.  Chief or senior patty officer  BEE school, counselor. That's all I can remember about him.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Cageym
Established Contributor

Re: How to get my Dads navy records

Here, got my Grandfather's WW2 stuff this way: http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 2 of 6
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I only have his name. Not his SS# or anything else. He lived in KY.   What  information did you send in order to get his files.

Message 3 of 6
Cageym
Established Contributor

My Mom filled it out as next of kin but she didn't have his service number either. I'm not sure exactly what you need I would say fill it out as much as possible and send it in.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 4 of 6
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the tip Cageym it makes things a lot easier now. 

Message 5 of 6
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I finally got everything together and I am going to mail everything today. I was looking for something the other day and I came across my old navy id from when I was 19 and It had his service number on it so that worked out pretty good. Card was so old the picture was almost faded away Haha! The id says he was a scpo and retired at that time, lots of clues on this little card. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.