Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take screenshots.Windows and Mac

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

How to take screenshots.Windows and Mac

Well after search many times for thread about how to take a  screen shot. and getting help from other members. i decided after someone asked me yesterday. i would post this to kind of help people out.

It all really depends on what you call it. Most of us call it screen shots. but it really just a snip. or snipping tool in windows.

You can either take shot of entire screen or partial screen. or use tool to just get a piece of it. like in myfico. 3b monitor pic to the bottom right.

In any case depending on what you are doing. or better phrased. which operating system you are using. its pretty easy.

in windows. simple go to search and type snipping tool. depending on version. it already has it built in. it will bring it up. and learn to capture what you are looking at on screen.

here is illustration.  Below. read .

And for mac operating systems it is even easier.

it just about using the command keys. Which ever system you are using. it is illustrated below to help you understand. Good luck to all. I hope this makes it easier to show us proof of things. so people don't doubt the info you are giving. Taxi.

Mac

howtoscreenshotmac.PNG

Windows

windowsscreenshot.PNG

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to take screenshots.Windows and Mac

Thanks for sharing..  Also on the Mac or Imac, under safari extensions there are few that helps capture the screen, selected area etc..

Message 2 of 5
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

I use the Windows Snipping Tool. It lets you only capture the part of the screen that interests you.

Message 3 of 5
Girac
Regular Contributor

Why not use Snag-it?

Well worth the $50 if you do a lot of screen shots and markups

Message 4 of 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

I'm sure it's a great app. But most people on forum just want pics of their apps. And or denial letters. No way would I pay 50 for something like that. When a programm is built into both operating systems.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.