How young are you?

tag
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

Re: How young are you?

@Tran92 wrote:

@tylaw13 wrote:

@Tran92 wrote:
Are you still going to school? And what line of work do you do to be making 41k as a 20 years old. I'm impressed since I'm almost 20 and no way close to your credit score or income lol. Well I hope as soon as I graduate to find a job and get my own house. That's the plan! Also to be near the mid-high 700s

Ill be going to school for the rest of my career im sure! Im an IT technician, and this field is always changing with new certifications coming out all the time. Ive always been good with computers since i was little. Im very lucky to have the job i have, and actually interned at my job for a whole year after school and on weekends for free before they gave me my paid position the day after i graduated high school!.

Im real surprised to see how many younger people we have in here! I try to talk to all my friends about credit but they arent too interested in it right now. Im lucky to have found this forum!   Smiley Happy

Oh nice I'm pretty good with computers too, but I never thought of becoming an IT tech. At least I now know the pay would've been good lol. I used to work for a small computer/laptop repair shop, but the boss was horrible and so was the pay (commission based only!). What do you plan on majoring in? I'm stuck with a minimum wage job for the past year already.. I need to upgrade not that I'm worried since I'm mainly focusing on school at the moment.

If i go back to college it will be for computer science. I have some general ed from a local community college but idk about going back. I mean with experience and certifications i can get alot of jobs i actually applied for another job to see what the pay would be like and when i went for the interview they offered me 22/hr but no 401k match or paid holidays. I love the company im with. I will continue to get certs mostly more cisco certs and my earnings will just keep growing.

What are you majoring in/ planning on doing?

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 51 of 87
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Lol I wish I can get offers like that. I'm currently an accounting major. My goal is to become a CPA. I will be transferring to a university next fall to finish my college career. Planning on getting an internship when I transfer to build some office experience and hopefully it's paid since I have to pay for my apartment and other expenses on my own.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 52 of 87
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

I'm 25, almost 26. Getting a late start on building credit! I was lucky enough to not have to take out student loans, and i avoided credit cards mostly because my mom got herself into trouble with them and my dad has never had one. But I've set a goal to buy a house in 5 years so I'm building credit in preparation for that.
TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 53 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish I had found this forum when I was 18.  It would have saved me a lot lot lot of drama and bad decisions. 

I'm 32, no CC (currently in bk, hence the wish for earlier credit education).  My plan is to buy a home as soon as I can...2 or 3 years down the line.

You're in the right place for your rebuilding journey. In the last two years on here with the knowledge and help of the members, I have made tremendous progress.

Knowledge is Power Smiley Happy

I can't wait for my discharge so I can really get going.  The waiting is killing me. I am nervous though...but ready!

Message 54 of 87
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

21 here. 

started my journey (apping at 16 lol) obviously all denied. 

current stats. assoc degree in comp sci. 

on hatius going back in jan for a double major in comp sci and business. 

working as a full time banker annual hourly rate based on 40hours per week. not incl bonuses is 32k pre tax. and bonuses cap at 16k a quarter and 60k for the year. 

current line up that im proud to have. is 

best buy store card(lol) chase freedom, and amex zync. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 55 of 87
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@tylaw13 wrote:

@Tran92 wrote:
Are you still going to school? And what line of work do you do to be making 41k as a 20 years old. I'm impressed since I'm almost 20 and no way close to your credit score or income lol. Well I hope as soon as I graduate to find a job and get my own house. That's the plan! Also to be near the mid-high 700s

Ill be going to school for the rest of my career im sure! Im an IT technician, and this field is always changing with new certifications coming out all the time. Ive always been good with computers since i was little. Im very lucky to have the job i have, and actually interned at my job for a whole year after school and on weekends for free before they gave me my paid position the day after i graduated high school!.

Im real surprised to see how many younger people we have in here! I try to talk to all my friends about credit but they arent too interested in it right now. Im lucky to have found this forum!   Smiley Happy

Story of my life Smiley Tongue 

When I am not on myfico I'm trying to have convos about credit because I'm addicted...

I started helping my sisters though, they each got a few pretty good cards. 

Message 56 of 87
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@tylaw13 wrote:

@Tran92 wrote:

When I am not on myfico I'm trying to have convos about credit because I'm addicted...

Im helping my sister also! Except im helping her rebuild because she hasnt been very responsible. i cant wait for my little sister to be 18 so i can get her off to a good start and add her as an AU on my Freedom and BCE, well actually we will see what i have by then

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 57 of 87
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@tylaw13 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@tylaw13 wrote:

@Tran92 wrote:

Im helping my sister also! Except im helping her rebuild because she hasnt been very responsible. i cant wait for my little sister to be 18 so i can get her off to a good start and add her as an AU on my Freedom and BCE, well actually we will see what i have by then

My sisters got better cards than I did D: One got the discover more, and amazon visa, the other one got the amazon visa and walmart discover D: 

Message 58 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not in your age group but very happy to hear all your plans. Goals got me where I am. Credit score could be better but now at 752, 42 years old, single, 300k a year, in sales, paid for new Cadillac this month, only debt is 100 k left on house of 300k house, kid grown and on her own, no college ed. My current goal is to pay off house by end of 2013 and buy house at the coast before interest rates go up.
Message 59 of 87
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Not in your age group but very happy to hear all your plans. Goals got me where I am. Credit score could be better but now at 752, 42 years old, single, 300k a year, in sales, paid for new Cadillac this month, only debt is 100 k left on house of 300k house, kid grown and on her own, no college ed. My current goal is to pay off house by end of 2013 and buy house at the coast before interest rates go up.

How do you have 0 posts? 

Message 60 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.