Did you mean: 

How young are you?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How young are you?

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Not in your age group but very happy to hear all your plans. Goals got me where I am. Credit score could be better but now at 752, 42 years old, single, 300k a year, in sales, paid for new Cadillac this month, only debt is 100 k left on house of 300k house, kid grown and on her own, no college ed. My current goal is to pay off house by end of 2013 and buy house at the coast before interest rates go up.

How do you have 0 posts? 

Posts wthin Smorgasboard don't add to the count.

Message 61 of 87
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Not in your age group but very happy to hear all your plans. Goals got me where I am. Credit score could be better but now at 752, 42 years old, single, 300k a year, in sales, paid for new Cadillac this month, only debt is 100 k left on house of 300k house, kid grown and on her own, no college ed. My current goal is to pay off house by end of 2013 and buy house at the coast before interest rates go up.

How do you have 0 posts? 

Posts wthin Smorgasboard don't add to the count.

DUH! 

I knew that too because I posted in the thread announcing that Smiley Tongue

It is just awkward seeing someone...who has clearly posted with 0 posts Smiley Tongue 

Message 62 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well... It was my first post. Just joined. Smiley Happy
Message 63 of 87
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to buy a house before rates go up too. My dad is a loan officer and calls me everytime rates drop, he keeps telling me it wont be like this for long and its a great time to buy im sure he just wants another loan! haha im kidding. Im kinda nervous though, we shall see. September and October im playing around with my 401k contribution to see where my take home pay is at with different percentages and i must say its pretty fun.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 64 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm 24, owner of three small pets, sister to four older brothers, daughter to parents who have been together for 32 years.

My attempt at establishing myself as a credited consumer started when I was about 19; I didn't quite know about scores and how essential they were to CCC determining whether they want to take a chance on you or not, so I was just applying for Chase, Citi, and naturally, denied. Then somehow getting a loan from the community college I was attending, got thrown in the mix. I went to the workshop and found out having a loan would help establish credit! So, I took out a student loan, and another, and another!! It resulted in $10,000 in student loan debt which I would love to pay off before I'm 40. In 2010, I got an offer from Capital One and needless to say I was over the moon.. OF COURSE I'm going to jump on this opportunity of having my very first credit card! I started with one, and now I'm up to several. Between September 2010 to September 2011, all three of my scores went from the low 500s to the mid 600s. Now in late 2012 with all of the inquiries from the APP SPREE of 2011, my scores have gone up & down between 10-20 points. 2013 will be the year that all of the 2011 inquiries will begin to clear out, so I hope to see my scores rise up!

Message 65 of 87
Tran92
Regular Contributor

I also took out school loans to help me build credit when I started it off. It actually really helped since it got me my first credit card. I'm about almost done paying it off. Can't wait one less problem out of my mind. (: But still have to pay off my car.. -.-
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 66 of 87
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
21. Would like to buy a home soon. I am married with two kids of my own and one step daughter that lives with me. I'm still a student (pre-law) but if everything goes as planned I will graduate from law school in May 2017! Besides the student loans the drop my aaoa every fall I should have built my credit up pretty well by then.

I am 34 -- When I was in my 20's like most of you are now, I was playing in rock bands, starting and quitting jobs, drinking lots of booze, and amassing all of those negatives you see in my signature... haha

Funny what a decade can do for perspective..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 67 of 87
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

21 years old here.  I applied for my first credit card a couple weeks after I turned 18 (Bank of America Platinum Plus MasterCard).  I now also have the Citi Forward and Discover More, and my credit (TU) score is 744 (last time I checked).  I am currently a full-time student, and will be finishing my Bachelor's in June.  As for goals, I want to start my career as soon as I finish my degree, and get an AMEX revolver!  I wanted to apply for the Zync to get my foot in the door with AMEX, but it's discontinued. :/

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 68 of 87
Jutz
Valued Contributor

26 here.  Didn't bury myself in debt too bad, but that didn't stop my from destroying my credit.  Finally free of CC debt, been working on restoring my credit for about half a year now.  Now that I have a handle on my finances, I'm trying to go back and see if I can't have a "revisionist" history and get some derogs removed.  Hoping to buy a car and house in the next 12-24 months.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 69 of 87
rosegardener
Established Member

32 here.  Rebuilding due to A) stupidity and B) later financial issues that were not the result of stupidity.  DH and I rag each other about 'being expensive' as his divorce d*mn near killed us financially.  But, it helped build a strong marriage and we now have a house, a car that is nearly paid off, credit, and it's all getting much better.

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 70 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.