Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am the ENEMY!

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I am the ENEMY!

I have spent the past 3 days going thru over 200 pt accounts and are sending the majority of them to collections.  I am seriously feeling like an awful person right now.  We will accept any payments tho even a measly $5/ mo payment as long as you make the payments.  I wish my creditors were like that.  All mine refuse to accept anything less than $50.  And $50 for multiple accounts adds up FAST!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

Re: I am the ENEMY!

Hang in there !    I have the girls at the CA for the hospital on speed dial and hey have my number lol.  If something goes to them they let me know and it never hits.   Most people just dont get it.  I didnt until i came here and knew something had to happen and i had to figure out how to do it. 

I know that has to be strange feeling for you Smiley Sad

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 2 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

It is!  I look at their ages and see its a 20 or 30 something year old and I think couldn't you just have at least called me?  I would have set you up on $5/mo payments and you wouldn't have this $1k-2500k collection on your record.  I openly tell people that if they will just pay even $5-10 per month consistently that they will be ok and I won't send them in.  Our CA charges a 35% fee too! I am so thankful that none of the CA's I deal with charge fees like that. And my boss refuses to pull things back from collections.  And she knows what I'm going thru. 

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

What state are you in?  That seems a bit excessive for collection interest.

Message 4 of 9
ptilda
Established Contributor

Don't feel bad. I work for Comcast... i.e., Satan! hehe

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 5 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I work in OK.  I don't know anything about the CA we use.  I just make a list and send it to them.  They used them bf I started here.

Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

For a commercial debt they can charge up to 45% per year or 10% if it is a personal debt (individual to individual).

I was thinking 35% a month which is outrageous!

Message 7 of 9
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I don't know how they do it.  If it's just one time fee? or what.  I haven't dealt with them on that side of things. 

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they charge your company to collect I am not sure how that works.

The 45% is what they add in fees to a consumers account.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.