cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I better get my Free $5 Starbucks card from Discover.

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

I better get my Free $5 Starbucks card from Discover.

Initiated a chat w/ the CSR and see if i can get a free $5 Starbucks card (although i prefer Coffee Bean) because i'm a good citiizen and good looking guy and apparently Discover has a great memory as they said "didn't you ask for it last time?"  So I said yes and told them how all my friends were getting theirs and not me.  CSR then again told me that Discover frequently sends the Starbucks card for those members who shop through Discover shopping portal. 

I just went on a shopping spree using the Discover shopping portal... Surprised to see many merchants in the 10% cashback categories, I'll be shopping quite more often w/ them. 

So now i'll be waiting like a lil' kid for my $5 Starbucks, as long as i can get it by X-Mas i'll be fine so i can use it as a gift lol

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: I better get my Free $5 Starbucks card from Discover.

@yudeology101 wrote:

Initiated a chat w/ the CSR and see if i can get a free $5 Starbucks card (although i prefer Coffee Bean) because i'm a good citiizen and good looking guy and apparently Discover has a great memory as they said "didn't you ask for it last time?"  So I said yes and told them how all my friends were getting theirs and not me.  CSR then again told me that Discover frequently sends the Starbucks card for those members who shop through Discover shopping portal. 

I just went on a shopping spree using the Discover shopping portal... Surprised to see many merchants in the 10% cashback categories, I'll be shopping quite more often w/ them. 

So now i'll be waiting like a lil' kid for my $5 Starbucks, as long as i can get it by X-Mas i'll be fine so i can use it as a gift lol

Now see, you're just gunna break poor Discover's heart by regifting. =/

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 2 of 7
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

I just received a free $5 giftcard for Starbucks today (from Discover). I almost tossed it in the recycle bin with the rest of the junk mail because it came in a nondescript envelope with no other writings other than my address and a return address in "Wheeling, IL." So, curious, I opened it and was pleasantly surprised.

But I have never shopped the Discover portal. So I'm supposing this free gift card is luck of the draw.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 3 of 7
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Do you know if there are any restrictions to this? As in, if I buy anything though the portal, will I get one? Just wondering because I used it a few days ago for the 10% back on some gear I needed.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 4 of 7
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Do you know if there are any restrictions to this? As in, if I buy anything though the portal, will I get one? Just wondering because I used it a few days ago for the 10% back on some gear I needed.

AFAIK, i don't think so....I'm hopping that i'm on their radar now since i've used their shopping portal for online shopping so i'll be patiently waiting.  I hope you get it, too!  Let's see who gets it first Smiley Wink

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 7
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Jasir wrote:

I just received a free $5 giftcard for Starbucks today (from Discover). I almost tossed it in the recycle bin with the rest of the junk mail because it came in a nondescript envelope with no other writings other than my address and a return address in "Wheeling, IL." So, curious, I opened it and was pleasantly surprised.

But I have never shopped the Discover portal. So I'm supposing this free gift card is luck of the draw.

That's awesome!  I wish i had that luck of the draw... both times they made it sound like i have to shop online using their shopping portal to qualify! 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received a $5.00 Starbucks card from Discover. Was delivered through email.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.