Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can really use some help

tag
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

I can really use some help

I am tired of using bank of america.  I have so many issues wih them and so many fees.  I want to get out of that bank as soon as possible.

I need an account that can do the following:

1. no monthly fees

2. send free transfers to outside banks (non international)

3. easy to use web administration access and APP access.

4. NO ATM fees.

Post several options I am applying today.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can really use some help

@JoshNurse wrote:

I am tired of using bank of america.  I have so many issues wih them and so many fees.  I want to get out of that bank as soon as possible.

1. no monthly fees

4. NO ATM fees.

Discover sounds like the ticket for you!

Message 2 of 27
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

1. no monthly fees

4. NO ATM fees.

Discover sounds like the ticket for you!

thanks should i go for the cashback checking, online savings or money market?  which one do you use?

Message 3 of 27
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Do you mind if they have any physical locations? If not check out State Farm bank as well. 

https://www.statefarm.com/finances/banking/checking-accounts

Message 4 of 27
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

has anyone used capital one 360?

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I opened a Capital One 360 account this summer.

I'm new to the forum but I'll see if I can help. There are no monthly fees, and there are no big overdraft charges. The way it works in that regard is if you overdraft $100 dollars for 10 days what you pay is .31 cents based on a daily line of credit interest of 11.25% APR. 

The transfers are free but they take about 2 days if you're sending it to an outside bank.

I use the website all the time and the app is great when you're on the go, you can even upload checks on it. The checks do take about 2 days to deposit, but I've only sent a couple so I'm not sure if it's quicker if you send more.

They use fee free All point ATMS which are pretty easy to find where I live and you can get money back anywhere they offer cash back with a pin.

You also get a pretty cool $50 sign up bonus, all you have to do is make 3 debit transactions with your card or Person2Person payments within 45 days and you get it on the day 50. But you can make some extra money if you refer it to other people, $20 per referral and it goes in as soon as they sign up, which is pretty cool. You can earn up to $1000. I signed up some family members and got the $20 right away, and they got their $50 on day 50, so pretty cool.

If you think this is helpful it'd be great if you could use my link  https://home.capitalone360.com/referafriend?save=G1RHQC6Co$T. I'm not sure if  this is allowed as I'm new but it would be a help.  If you have any other questions I might be able to answer them.

Message 6 of 27
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I opened a Capital One 360 account this summer.

I'm new to the forum but I'll see if I can help. There are no monthly fees, and there are no big overdraft charges. The way it works in that regard is if you overdraft $100 dollars for 10 days what you pay is .31 cents based on a daily line of credit interest of 11.25% APR. 

The transfers are free but they take about 2 days if you're sending it to an outside bank.

I use the website all the time and the app is great when you're on the go, you can even upload checks on it. The checks do take about 2 days to deposit, but I've only sent a couple so I'm not sure if it's quicker if you send more.

They use fee free All point ATMS which are pretty easy to find where I live and you can get money back anywhere they offer cash back with a pin.

You also get a pretty cool $50 sign up bonus, all you have to do is make 3 debit transactions with your card or Person2Person payments within 45 days and you get it on the day 50. But you can make some extra money if you refer it to other people, $20 per referral and it goes in as soon as they sign up, which is pretty cool. You can earn up to $1000. I signed up some family members and got the $20 right away, and they got their $50 on day 50, so pretty cool.

If you think this is helpful it'd be great if you could use my link  https://home.capitalone360.com/referafriend?save=G1RHQC6Co$T. I'm not sure if  this is allowed as I'm new but it would be a help.  If you have any other questions I might be able to answer them.

Thanks I will use it. I just have one question.  Does this bank of a section where you can set asside different dummy accounts and save money in them?  For example every month automatically put money to the Vacation account etc...

Message 7 of 27
Simply827
Established Contributor

No dummy accounts. You'd have to open Cap360 savings accounts for each one.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 8 of 27
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

No dummy accounts. You'd have to open Cap360 savings accounts for each one.

Do you know of any accoun that does what I am saying?

example: every month automatically deposit x amount to Vacation section.

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you do have to open a savings account for each goal, but Capital One 360 doeshave an Automatic Savings program. They'll automatically take money from one account and put it into a savings. I have 2 savings open, and 2 automatic savings, one for my pets health and the other for renovations to my home.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.