Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Regular Contributor

I found $1400 in unclaimed funds!

[ Edited ]

I checked my state controller's office website today on a lark and found $1400 in unclaimed checks.  Unfortunately, they say it will take up to 180 days to get the money, but it will make a nice windfall in a few months.

So check your state controller's office website and post in this thread if you find anything!

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (5/2017) EQ 765|| TU 766|| EX 772
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board
Contributor

Re: I found $1400 in unclaimed funds!

heck of a find.. thx for mentioning. checked my state and it says $25 to $100 for me.. I'll take free money any day...Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor

@ficofuel: Congrats!  I was hoping people would benefit from this post. 

Valued Contributor

Wow wellll it's late and I was reading this so I thought I'd check it out... annnnnd I found and submitted a claim for $1721 in unclaimed funds! Savings account from Chase, overpayments from Capital One, etc etc! Hahaa I recommend everybody take a look
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

CASH IN LIEU OF FRACTION SHARE

I doubt these are much.  Closed the window without finding out.

Regular Contributor

Creditplz wrote:
Wow wellll it's late and I was reading this so I thought I'd check it out... annnnnd I found and submitted a claim for $1721 in unclaimed funds! Savings account from Chase, overpayments from Capital One, etc etc! Hahaa I recommend everybody take a look

That's great!  Congratuations.  i have a little more legwork to do before submitting my claim. (Notarized signature, proof I lived at an old address.)  

Regular Contributor

elim wrote:

I doubt these are much.  Closed the window without finding out.

That is strange. The thing is that this is money that is lodged with the state.  If it goes unclaimed, eventually the state gets it.

Frequent Contributor

Did this back a couple yrs ago and found my dad's name. He and another guy had put up "bond monies" on a project they were working on. Came out to almost 12k ! I got in touch with the other guy ( my dad is now deceased ), filed the paperwork ,  split it, and got the check from the state ! 

Check it out !

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Regular Contributor

Wow.  That is a huge windfall!  

Valued Contributor

I decided to google the state controller's office...wade through a few websites...did the search.  I am eligibale for less than a $1 from Cap 1 and less than $50 from the county.  Probably will pass on the less than a dollar from Cap 1, but putting in a claim for the other moneies.  Smiley Happy

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.