Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a computer virus from H***

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I got a computer virus from H***

I had an antivirus program that really bogged down my computer so I removed it. Stupid thing to do.

I got the AntiVirus XP 2008. It is a rouge program that takes your computer over entirely, giving false positives for viruses, and trying to get you to purchase the program.

It would not let me go to any sites I could get virus removers from, would not let me use the CD drive and gave me a really ugly screen.

I thought I was going to have to reformat my hard drive.

After 3 days of staying up till 5am, I finally managed to get something uploaded on my system that got rid of it. I had trojans, worms, rootkits and a whole lot of malware. And the program I used was free. One of the best things I have ever used.

So, I guess the what I am trying to say is, keep your system protected.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: I got a computer virus from H***

I have been using Nod32 for several years.  Low system overhaed and very good product.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

My Mac says "What is a virus?" Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the virus from hell-

You will not be able to fully get rid of all traces of this virus-
Back up data and re-install from scratch-
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am pretty sure all traces are gone. To be on the safe side, as soon as I can get some things off my computer, I plan on reformatting. Not just due to the virus but, for other reasons as well.

I have gone through the registry keys with a fine tooth comb and do not see anything blatantly associated to this virus. And of course, that was the issue the first 100 times I did the same thing. It hides in places you would not imagine and renames itself.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.