Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had horrible news yesterday!!!

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I had horrible news yesterday!!!

My close friends daughter (age 14), who is like a daughter to me, was rushed to the ER Friday night.  She fell down the steps, doubled over in stomach pain.

The ER Dr. found a mass on her uterus.  She was transferred to Rainbow Babies and Children Hospital for immediate surgery.  The mass was 15x9cm...actually on top of the uterus.  Her left ovary and fallopian tube were removed.  Two lymph nodes are being tested...results not in.  The mass is cancerous.  The type of uterin cancer she has is found in very young girls, but it's success rate is high when found early...it's also fast growing.  She's in good shape.  I'm just SO WORRIED about those two lymph nodes!!!!!!  I was up and down most of the night...tossing and turning.  My cell rang about 1:30am..wrong number...it made me SICK.Smiley Sad

The first thing out of Katie's mouth after waking up was....can I still have babies?  What a thing for a young girl to worry about!!!!Smiley Sad

To top off this familys nightmare....they have no health insurance due to a snafu in paperwork. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Re: I had horrible news yesterday!!!

That is terrible!  I can't imagine what they are going through.  My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Sad How sad I pray that she will be ok.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. I hope they receive some good news about the lymph nodes. Many, many women go on to have babies with only one functioning ovary and fallopian tube. I'm one of them. I hope she goes on to have a long, happy, healthy life with as many babies as her heart desires. Big hugs for all of you that love her.
Message 4 of 6
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Oh no! How are things today? Have you heard anything? I'll be praying for her.
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

fishbjc wrote:
My close friends daughter (age 14), who is like a daughter to me, was rushed to the ER Friday night.  She fell down the steps, doubled over in stomach pain.

The ER Dr. found a mass on her uterus.  She was transferred to Rainbow Babies and Children Hospital for immediate surgery.  The mass was 15x9cm...actually on top of the uterus.  Her left ovary and fallopian tube were removed.  Two lymph nodes are being tested...results not in.  The mass is cancerous.  The type of uterin cancer she has is found in very young girls, but it's success rate is high when found early...it's also fast growing.  She's in good shape.  I'm just SO WORRIED about those two lymph nodes!!!!!!  I was up and down most of the night...tossing and turning.  My cell rang about 1:30am..wrong number...it made me SICK.Smiley Sad

The first thing out of Katie's mouth after waking up was....can I still have babies?  What a thing for a young girl to worry about!!!!Smiley Sad

To top off this familys nightmare....they have no health insurance due to a snafu in paperwork. 

fish, that's awful, so sorry!  My prayers are with y'all.  What's the update??? 

If they were supposed to be covered, there's a chance they could be, retroactively...  I know the very first concern is for their baby's health & safety and when they get the reports back that she now just needs to follow post-op recovery orders...they should fight that tooth-and-nail.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.