cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just want to die!

tag
KayKay4Se7en

I just want to die!

Firstly, I'd love to thank this entire forum. Long time lurker/member since 2013 and really appreciate all of the knowledge I've gained from you all. Almost a guru now.

On to my funeral.... So! My oldest account of 24 YEARS has been deleted from my credit history. A mortgage on top of it and during a slight rebuild! GONE!!! AAoA is now one year and ten months 😩. I have never felt my insides drop so far into my stomach as my breath took an Uber from my body. Just a quick little story, or credit history homocide should I say, I thought I'd share. Now if you guys can just tell me which works quicker, cyanide, bleach, or arsenic that'd be great.

Oh well...show must go on I suppose. Hope everyone has a great day and get some great news as well.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just want to die!

That hurts.  My oldest account drops off any month now.  11+ years positive.  After that, I will be down to 12 months AAoA.

Just make a spreadsheet totalling up your ongoing AAoA over time and don't open new accounts if it drops you down into the prior year mark.  So wait until you're at 24 months AAoA overall and then figure out how many more months it'll take to stay at 24+ months with a new account.

In my sign is a credit spreadsheet with an AAoA estimator that might help!

Message 2 of 4
KayKay4Se7en

Yeah it does hurt. At least you're ready for it. I totally forgot in the midst of repairing my girlfriends credit report. I was going to apply for the chase combo to rack up points but that's on the back burner now. I will definitely check out the calculator really appreciate the tip. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It hurts But there will be new one. I still have a very old JC Penney card 25 plus years reporting on TU and EQ for 2 more years Aside from that everything is under 2 years. I may get one more card then garden so when JC Penney drops I will be over 3 years  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.