Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Comenity because.......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I love Comenity because.......

@someg33k wrote:

I just closed 20k in credit lines with them today, plan on more next quarter.

#1. I do not trust them. They continue to prove they are not a professional organization that can be relied on.

On the flip side!

Gotta love them though as they help keep this forum full of crazy and interesting stories Smiley Wink

Despite all these complaints, odds are that one participant or another in this thread will end up applying with Comenity again before long.

Message 11 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:
They don't have Credit Solution and online chat to ask for CLI.

Ron.

Thats a good one Ron Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish they were better about cli's and the interest rates which I accept has to do with your credit standings as well lol, but I mean sheesh ...cut a guy a break! Lol

Message 13 of 49
fedxboy
Established Contributor

I have 11 Comenity accounts in total -- 9 Visas, 1 Mastercard, and 1 store card and they are all going strong!!!  No complaints.

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 14 of 49
selena
Contributor

I have a VS card that I've had going on 2 years now next month and I actually don't have any complaints. It started at $500. As of late I'll carry a balance (always around 200) then pay it off slowly and in 1 month I had 2 $500 increases (I know not much). Now I'm sitting at $3500 which I'm cool with since I don't spend that much anyway.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 15 of 49
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

I guess based on the trend of people closing their comenity accounts, or comenity closing people's accounts left and right lately, this sums it all.

Hope you guys get a laugh out of it Smiley Happy

Executive Review Department
123 Whatever St.
Los Angeles, CA 91326

To Whom It May Concern:

Hello, I am writing you this recon letter in regards to my 28 accounts I have with your institution. Since I have started my journey with you, my credit has improved drastically. My scores have skyrocketed, and I have become more responsible managing my finances. Despite all these improvements, and the time we have spent together, I am very disappointed to see that my several attempts to increase my credit limits keep going unnoticed. You have been more than stingy and not budging at all. In addition, you have denied all my requests to close my account.

Recently, I have been flirting with other creditors too (yes, behind your back), and acquired several prime cards with great SL’s, lowe interest rates, and added the most favorable creditors to my portfolio. Even though it is sad for me to know that I will not be able to enjoy the great features and benefits of your cards, such as monthly AA’s, CLD’s every 4 to 6 months (Provided that my account is in good standing with low utilization, no late payments and always PIF’ed), I believe it would be best for me to part my ways with you before you part your ways with me unannounced.

I am hoping this letter finds its way to someone who would reconsider to close all my accounts immediately. All I want is to be able to get my foot out the door, and never look back. Thank you in advance and please know that I sincerely appreciate your time and any help you can provide in closing my accounts immediately. If you have any further questions, please feel free AA all my accounts before you ask them.

Also, Please send me a promissory note stating that I will never come across any pop ups promoting a SCT while I am shopping online.

Yours sincerely

Comenity customer

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 16 of 49
ddemari
Super Contributor

Ron I love your comment. When I was in my comenity heyday, I wish they had chat! Lol
Message 17 of 49
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I hate they want report and uodate your reports monthly unless you have a balance.

always have to push a $1 payment thru bank bill pay system or Serve card bill pay 

in order to FORCE them to report your account without a balance.

i will be closing my Express card in March !!!! 

Dont nut have to and refuse to put up with this mess . Don't need them no way....

Message 18 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:
They don't have Credit Solution and online chat to ask for CLI.

Ron.

Thats a good one Ron Smiley Wink

Agreed! Great point Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 49
elim
Senior Contributor

...Because this year I'll close my only Comenity card.

edit:  lol, just actually read the thread. I thought this was a "we love Comenity thread".  Guess we are all in the same boat.

Message 20 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.