Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love NY!

tag
BoSox617
Contributor

I love NY!

Howdy all,

My fiancé and I are considering moving to NYC down the line for a number of reasons.  Driving is a big one for me (kidding…well, not really).  I’ve previously posted about some of my driving “irritations” in the Pet Peeve thread.  Long story short - time is very precious to me, and I don’t take kindly to turtle drivers who waste it Smiley Indifferent

We recently visited NYC (it’d been a few years since we last popped over), and had an absolute blast! Smiley Happy  The subway was fine and easy to navigate, as I remembered (and it actually runs nice and late), but I had forgotten how refreshing driving in NYC is!! 

For example, any time someone made the loathsome decision to not slam their foot onto the accelerator the nanosecond the light turned green (things to do, places to go, people!), the most beautiful united chorus of honking commenced *happy sigh*  It was SO NICE to drive amongst people who have better things to do than crawl around at a snail’s pace all day/night long!!  My fiancé was shocked (and a little disturbed) – the vast majority of people drove with the same “sense of urgency” (well, he used a different term LOL) I do.  I was thrilled!  LOL!

If we do end up moving there, I’m considering doing part-time volunteer work for the mentally unfit…in which capacity I look forward to meeting a lot of NY Yankee fans Smiley Happy

Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DI
Super Contributor

Re: I love NY!

I love NYC too!  But I would only live there if I was wealthy.  It's hard for anyone to ever own anything if they're not wealthy. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.