cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love the way my card feels...what is your card made of?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I love the way my card feels...what is your card made of?

FNBO BucksBack is really thin.....like 4 pieces of paper lol

Message 11 of 32
bz386
Frequent Contributor

I wish CCC would stop this metal card nonsense. I absolutely hate the feel of my CSP. Why would I want something I carry in my back pocket all the time to be heavier? It should be as light as possible!
Message 12 of 32
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

I look forward to getting one of the metal cards. I really want the Ritz card but chase is a tough nut to crack for me at least with my BK still on my report due to fall of 7/2018  but I've read on another board someone weighed the CSP , Ritz , Palladium and the AMEX Centurion card and I belive the order in weight was:

1. Ritz / Palladium 27grams

2. Amex Centurion 16 grams

3. CSP,Marriot 15grams 

Again this is all off memory so I can be off a bit but thats what I recall...

Message 13 of 32
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I actually really appreciate the two metal core cards that I have (CSP and Marriott). I do wish I could've picked up the metal Venture, but I guess I wasn't identified when Capital One was sending them out. As for Chase, I'm almost certain that most customers do enjoy the metal cards; otherwise, Chase probably would've stopped issuing them a long time ago. They do have plastic versions of the CSP and Ritz that they do provide upon request to customers who don't want metal anyway.

I would really enjoy having a metal IT card if Discover ever felt like providing them.

Message 14 of 32
jeffery581
Established Contributor

they all feel good. muuhhahahahahaha   Smiley Happy

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 15 of 32
jeffery581
Established Contributor

seriously. sir the metal detector is going off. step this way please. no thanks. metal cards make people feel important. 

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 16 of 32
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

While I do not personally own one, I believe the visa black card was carbon fiber or stainless Steele.
Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a little over 11 cards...and my Marriott card is made out of some sort a material that feels like metal or aluminum. ..it feels great pulling it out to pay for things. I wish my Citi double cash card felt like that. What are some other  cards made of?

Funny thing.  When I got my Ritz card I thought it was so cool because it was so heavy.  After hearing non-stop "its so heavy" from those ringing me up I actually quit using the damn card, it was that annoying.  I'll be closing it within the next month once the limit is transferred to my Marriott card.

Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...yeah on my Marriott card have actually gotten complimented on the weight of my Marriott card.
Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that I have the Ritz, I can't tell the difference between the regular cards and the CSP.  But before I got spoiled, the CSP was nice. 

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.