Senior Contributor

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!

And it looks like I'm getting my wish!!

This morning at 8 am

Photobucket

2 hrs later...the "hood"...

Photobucket

Photobucket

And it's still snowinglike crazy!  It's well past my knees.  They're calling for 2 feet PLUS!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!

Lucky...Its been several years now since ive even seen flurries.
Message 2 of 35
DI
Super Contributor

Thanks for the post!  I was thinking about you.  I know you're in N.VA.  That is why I have to move to Miami instead.  That's a lot of snow.  We only got rain this time.  Maybe in Jan or Feb, if at all, we will see snow here in Mississippi. 
Message 3 of 35
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I've been in NOVA since Sep 02 & this is the first time I've seen snow like this!!!  Usually I am not fazed when they mention it's going to snow....I grew up in Michigan & what we're getting today is normal up there!!!  Smiley Surprised

I keep looking for a plow to come by...I'll pay them $30 to plow my driveway!!  CASH, of course!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 35
DI
Super Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

I've been in NOVA since Sep 02 & this is the first time I've seen snow like this!!!  Usually I am not fazed when they mention it's going to snow....I grew up in Michigan & what we're getting today is normal up there!!!  Smiley Surprised

I keep looking for a plow to come by...I'll pay them $30 to plow my driveway!!  CASH, of course!!  Smiley Very Happy

Great!  I hope you all don't lose power.  Stay warm.  

Message 5 of 35
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Mo.

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh but live in Los Angeles now.  I sure miss the snow.  Thanks for the pics.  Merry Christmas.  Smiley Happy

In case you are curious, it is 75 in LA at the time of this post.  ( ducking )

Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 12-19-2009 03:45 PM
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 35
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Losing power would be a real bummer....but at least I have a fireplace & a ton of wood too!  I'd hang blankets & whatever to block off the livingroom.  Too bad my boiler isn't gas fired!  I'd be toasty even with no electric!

My neighbor & a buddy just came by a bit ago & totally dug out my driveway!!  Smiley Happy  They're going to come by later on too & keep it up.  I gave them the $$ that would have gone to the plow guy!  Definately worth every penny cuz I'm one tired gal!  
Message 7 of 35
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Mo.

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh but live in Los Angeles now.  I sure miss the snow.  Thanks for the pics.  Merry Christmas.  Smiley Happy

In case you are curious, it is 75 in LA at the time of this post.  ( ducking )

Happy to oblige!!!  Merry Christmas to you too!!  Smiley Happy

75!!!!  Oh I wish!!!!  

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 12-19-2009 06:47 PM
Message 8 of 35
MattH
Senior Contributor

We're getting it now in CT; fortunately we don't have to go anywhere on Sunday morning!  The supermarket was pretty busy Saturday afternoon.

Growing up in Wisconsin we always had a White Christmas and about half the time a White Easter (as a kid I liked to annoy grownups by singing "I'm dreaming of a White Easter" whenever we had one).  Wisconsin had some pretty incredible winters in the 1970s, I recall drifts over my head and entire weeks it did not get above 0 degrees Fahrenheit.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 9 of 35
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

BungalowMo wrote:   Losing power would be a real bummer....but at least I have a fireplace & a ton of wood too!  I'd hang blankets & whatever to block off the livingroom.  Too bad my boiler isn't gas fired!  I'd be toasty even with no electric! 

You're better off with the fireplace and the wood, BungalowMo...wish I had that...gas fired boilers still need power for the circulator to work!  :smileyhappy: 

I'm in CT, just like MattH.  It's snowing hard now, and I'd much rather be in Vegas.  But in spite of the cold, and all the work shoveling out, I've got to admit...the snow does give me that Christmas-ey feeling!  

Merry Christmas to all! 

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.