Back yard....I love this shot!

Photobucket

I need a hot soak, pain meds & a hot toddy!!!! Smiley Tongue

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 35
DI
Super Contributor

Re: I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!

Wow, that's a lot of snow!! We would be shut down for a week and in panic here in Mississippi with that much snow.  We also won't have any electricity for a week or two.
Message 12 of 35
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Mo, what a beautiful neighborhood! I've always loved your Craftsman bungalow, and now I get to see other wonderfully old-fashioned houses for your neighbor.

DD#1 left NYC Friday @ 6:30 a.m. and made it to Blacksburg VA before giving up. It was Virginia Tech's graduation on top of everything else, so talk about no room at the inn --she wound up at a Knights Inn. 15" of snow on her car AFTER she stopped driving. She made a break for it Saturday afternoon and made it in.

Meanwhile we had a pitiful little dusting at home!

I hope everyone turns on their outside Christmas lights in these snowy places. The reflections are so cool.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 35
DI
Super Contributor

Look like you may have to pay another $30 to get that snow plowed. 
Message 14 of 35
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I just finished shoveling my sidewalk.  I am one dog-tired pup, lemme tell ya! 

DI...thank God I kept up with the snow because the thought of doing that driveway again...I think I'd be ready for the rubber room!!! Smiley Tongue

Hauling....Yeah, we do have some pretty cool homes in this neighborhood.  Maybe tomorrow evening I'll take a walk around & get some pics with all the snow & all these places lit up with their Christmas lights!  Tonight....too tired to walk further than the couch, kitchen for munchies & bed!!!  Oh, and the bathroom!  Smiley Very Happy

Glad to hear your DD made it down here without much drama!  I can't imagine trying to clean 15" of snow off my car & not (likely) even having much more than a snow brush!! 

Message 15 of 35
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I was thinking of taking today off cuz I'm sore as can be...then I saw that all Govt (non emergency) agencies in the DC area are OFF today!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Luckily, my contract gives me all Govt days off too!  WOO HOO!!!!!

Message 16 of 35
DI
Super Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

I was thinking of taking today off cuz I'm sore as can be...then I saw that all Govt (non emergency) agencies in the DC area are OFF today!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Luckily, my contract gives me all Govt days off too!  WOO HOO!!!!!

Congrats!  Having an unexpected day off is a much better feeling than getting approved for a new credit card. 

Message 17 of 35
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I can relate somewhat, Mo, though I think we had a tad less here in Fairfax Co. We came back from NYC this evening and thankfully had the foresight of having everything shoveled for when we came back. It was bad.

It was terrible coming back too. Our train was only delayed by 30 min. or so, but I spoke to a reporter at Penn Station and some folks had to wait 16-20 hours to catch a train. There was no room to sit, yet alone lay down to catch a few Zzzzzzs.

Here's Times Square Sat. night. Big snowball fight ensued.

Central Park midday yesterday.

This was dumb. Despite the impending snowstorm, DC's Union Station made us park on the roof-level. We had no other choice, unless we left the car at home. There are some cars that will be there for a long while longer.

Message 18 of 35
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Wow....Great photos Ilecs!!!!  Love the NYC shots Smiley Happy  Very cool.

I'm still waking up with puffy hands from shoveling.  Each day gets a little better, but still....it feels weird!! 

Message 19 of 35
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I live in Hawaii, what is snow? Where does it come from? Is it expensive?Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.