Re: I'm leaving the orum because o the **bleeps**

I can say forum now so maybe its fixed

Message 11 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I am still getting bleeped.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 25
Datx
Valued Contributor

I'm glad its finally fixed, because man that really took a long time to fix. /sarcasm

Message 13 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Still not completely fixed, I just got bleeped on another post.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 25
vizon
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You're a web developer so you know, or should know, that only a few people (maybe one) have access to the website to change/fix things like this. Yes it may be taking a little longer to fix than it should, but we don't even know if they have a dedicated web developer on staff.

That would be utterly dumb of a company the size of FICO. I can guarentee you are incorrect, as most of their products are purchased online.

If this even was the case, any smart web developer would have a very good sandbox demo area where you do testing before you make something live. This should have never happened, but more importantly sensoring is pointless and just irks me.

As to the individual that said the forums are free -- they should be. Fico doesn't just make money selling to consumers, but to the lenders as well. The suggested cards that fico suggests you apply for -- they make referral money on those too. This is a cash cow, they should be keeping the consumer happy.

Message 15 of 25
dude11
Regular Contributor

So I don't mean to be rude or offend anyone but if you want to leave for whatever reason why don't you just leave? Why create a post especially in the Credit Card section in regards to you leaving? If I were to leave I would just do it. No need to tell the whole world.

Once again not trying to offend but I think a lot of people would careless who comes and goes.

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vizon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You're a web developer so you know, or should know, that only a few people (maybe one) have access to the website to change/fix things like this. Yes it may be taking a little longer to fix than it should, but we don't even know if they have a dedicated web developer on staff.

That would be utterly dumb of a company the size of FICO. I can guarentee you are incorrect, as most of their products are purchased online.

If this even was the case, any smart web developer would have a very good sandbox demo area where you do testing before you make something live. This should have never happened, but more importantly sensoring is pointless and just irks me.

As to the individual that said the forums are free -- they should be. Fico doesn't just make money selling to consumers, but to the lenders as well. The suggested cards that fico suggests you apply for -- they make referral money on those too. This is a cash cow, they should be keeping the consumer happy.

I can't stand censoring myself, but unfortunately it has to be done on a professional website. Of course you're going to use the word "professionanl" to argue that they would have web developers on staff. Regardless, they cannot have people cursing or telling people how to get free credit reports.

Message 17 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

vizion, thanks for the time that you were on here. Best wishes going forward.

@Dustink wrote:

The mod he referenced in his post had the power to turn off the broken censor and chose not to.

No, mods and myFICO admins have zero power on this. My lack of computer geekyness couldn't even tell you how to fix this even if I wanted to. These forums are hosted by a 3rd-party and it was a scheduled forums update last night that resulted in the glitch. There's nothing we can do on our end without that 3rd-party.

Message 18 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

The mod he referenced in his post had the power to turn off the broken censor and chose not to.

No, mods and myFICO admins have zero power on this. My lack of computer geekyness couldn't even tell you how to fix this even if I wanted to. These forums are hosted by a 3rd-party and it was a scheduled forums update last night that resulted in the glitch. There's nothing we can do on our end without that 3rd-party.

Okay.

Message 19 of 25
vizon
Regular Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Regardless if it is hosted by a 3rd party (which every website I know is hosted at a datacenter not connected to the site of the employees) I fail to understand your reasoning. Are you claiming no one has administrative access to the forums to make changes and you have to request all of the changes via the 3rd party?

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.