Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm leaving the orum because o the **bleeps**

tag
vizon
Regular Contributor

I'm leaving the orum because o the **bleeps**

I've been here awhile now. I have really liked working with knowledgeable people regarding credit and learning so I can in return help others. I have shared my help with people in real liee experiences.

Since I have been here, I have had my posts deleted, messages edited, etc just because mods didn't like what they said. But it was extreme. If I recall almost all my posts were deleted from a lengthy thread.

And look now, I am playing around with my wording trying not to use the letter berore the *letter that comes after e* because of the **bleep**.

I read a post saying -- basically the censor has broken on implementation and he wouldn't want his wife or kids to see curse words. REALLY? What world do you live in? In my world, almost all television has cursing, people give the bird when driving, I was even involved in a NOT AT DAULT wreck and was cursed out by a police oDDicer.

Do not ever rent a car with Sirius or XM radio, because it is uncensored radio. Don't shop either, employees might curse. Lastly, don't  listen to regular radio. They say everything short od the *word rhyming with "DUCK"* word. 

Most od us live in the USA where we are a yree country. We get to elect our leaders and do as we please. Why would we contribute to a company the censors our every move? 

Lastly, I am a web developer. You will never build an algorithm strong enough to censor curse words. There are so many ways around them it is just how it is.

I welcome discussion to this, because I personally thing it is outrageous and am going to cancel my monthly membership. Why support a company with my money if I cannot even post my opinion without mass censor (this doesn't only pertain to the bleep censor as well).

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm leaving the orum because o the **bleeps**

Access to this forum is 4ree and public, your subscription pays for other FICO products.  This is a glitch happening over the course o4 less than 24 hours so 4ar.  This is not big brother.  This is a 4orum supported by a large company that they 4rankly don't need to.  I'm plenty happy with everything it has provided me and will continue to be here, long after we've forgotten that 18 hour period where things were sorta annoying.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 25
vizon
Regular Contributor

Its a new implementation of a curse sensor that has broken.

EDIT: and instead of disabling it.... they leave it on.

Message 3 of 25
Jutz
Valued Contributor

It is an edit to an already existing curse sensor.  Announcing your departure for this reason sounds pretty melodramatic to me, especially because the mods have been on top of letting people know what has been happening 4or awhile now.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 4 of 25
john398
Senior Contributor

myfico forum just having a bad day they will get it fixed soon I am sure

Message 5 of 25
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

I could see this being upsetting if this was something they were going to implement 4rom now on, but theyve come forward stating it is an error and they are working on 4ixing the problem.

I dont see a huge issue with it, but any 4orum is a 4orum and can do/make whatever rules they choose. Just as you can choose to not be a part of it.

Give it time, Im sure theyll have it 4ixed and everything will be just 4ine. no big Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 6 of 25
distantarray
Established Contributor

i just hate not being able to give some credit advice that could help remove things, but it's because those tips include getting legitimate debt removed without paying lol, so i can understand it's a gray area in credit, and the system is heavily broken. It's even possible to file bankruptcy and having it completely removed in a few months.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're a web developer so you know, or should know, that only a few people (maybe one) have access to the website to change/fix things like this. Yes it may be taking a little longer to fix than it should, but we don't even know if they have a dedicated web developer on staff.

Message 8 of 25
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I did notice some bias in some of the mods' actions, unfortunately.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

The mod he referenced in his post had the power to turn off the broken censor and chose not to.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.