Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm leaving the orum because o the **bleeps**

tag
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm leaving the orum because o the **bleeps**

I've been a mod at two different forums before (Kind of a big deal, I know /sarcasm) and have never had rights to change the swear filter.  It is built into the forum software as a plugin that only true website admins have access to.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 21 of 25
Sarah
Administrator Emeritus

@vizon wrote:

@llecs wrote:

vizion, thanks for the time that you were on here. Best wishes going forward.

@Dustink wrote:

The mod he referenced in his post had the power to turn off the broken censor and chose not to.

No, mods and myFICO admins have zero power on this. My lack of computer geekyness couldn't even tell you how to fix this even if I wanted to. These forums are hosted by a 3rd-party and it was a scheduled forums update last night that resulted in the glitch. There's nothing we can do on our end without that 3rd-party.

Regardless if it is hosted by a 3rd party (which every website I know is hosted at a datacenter not connected to the site of the employees) I fail to understand your reasoning. Are you claiming no one has administrative access to the forums to make changes and you have to request all of the changes via the 3rd party?

Trust me, if I had had the power to fix this immediately, I would have. I've been addressing it since 6am, and the volunteer mods have gone out of their way to assist me with troubleshooting it. 

To all who have helped by providing examples and screenshots, thank you! The issue has now been fixed. 

Message 22 of 25
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

@Sarah wrote:

@vizon wrote:

@llecs wrote:

vizion, thanks for the time that you were on here. Best wishes going forward.

@Dustink wrote:

The mod he referenced in his post had the power to turn off the broken censor and chose not to.

No, mods and myFICO admins have zero power on this. My lack of computer geekyness couldn't even tell you how to fix this even if I wanted to. These forums are hosted by a 3rd-party and it was a scheduled forums update last night that resulted in the glitch. There's nothing we can do on our end without that 3rd-party.

Regardless if it is hosted by a 3rd party (which every website I know is hosted at a datacenter not connected to the site of the employees) I fail to understand your reasoning. Are you claiming no one has administrative access to the forums to make changes and you have to request all of the changes via the 3rd party?

Trust me, if I had had the power to fix this immediately, I would have. I've been addressing it since 6am, and the volunteer mods have gone out of their way to assist me with troubleshooting it. 

To all who have helped by providing examples and screenshots, thank you! The issue has now been fixed. 

I can also confirm what Sarah said.

The issue is now fixed.  We have been providing Lithium Support with examples of screenshots on posts done under different usernames and permissions and finally found the issue was with a wild card in the smut filter.  That has now been removed and all is back to "normal".  Smiley Happy

Thanks, Sarah, for your patience while we got this all sorted out. 

Message 23 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Thank you all for getting this resolved, and we are sorry about our impatience.

It was just rather frustrating for awhile having our posts deleted after we took the time to write them out for people.

Again, thank you for getting it fixed so promptly.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 24 of 25
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I want to thank everyone who helped explain this.  I know I caught a post from llecs that helped me to explain it to others.  I know sometimes that things can be annoying, some things we just don't have control over, some things we do.  I personally have never had a problem getting my point across without cursing.   I don't use it, and I don't like to hear it.  Just my preference.  Great thing about it is it's a free country and a free forums.  People are allowed to come and go as they wish.  It costs them nothing and they don't even have to contribute.  So if someone has a problem with how it's handled they're free to complain or leave if they wish.  But please don't hack on the mods.  They receive no compensation or perks for the work they do.  They provide their help as a form of community service.  Can you say you do the same.   Ok.. end of my rant, everyone have a pleasant day.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.