Frequent Contributor
QAMngrGirl

I see a lot of hate towards Bofa

But I just want to throw out there that I have savings/checking (and CC) with them and when Vonage kept billing me a year after I had cancelled, they refunded over a year  of auto-debits & fees that Vonage had caused me, no questions asked. Just sayin!

Start: Nov'12 EQ 699/EX 685/TU 696 / Current: April''14 EQ 715/EX 709/TU 709 * Goal 750+

Blogger
HiLine

Re: I see a lot of hate towards Bofa

BofA is awesome. My experience with BofA has been nothing but positive. 

Frequent Contributor
kimmiller112

I also like BofA.  I've had personal accounts with them for more than 8 years and I've had business accounts with them for 2 years.  Both branches near me greet me and thank me for my business every time I walk in.  

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $5000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Senior Contributor
drkaje

I think it's FIA people had the issue with, LOL!

A late payment to BOA (FIA) will hang out on one's credit report 'til the bitters end. :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX ? FICO, EQ 708 FICO
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
QAMngrGirl

I contacted them a week ago about the HP's they did when I graduated to unsecured (I was told it would be a SP for the review), and the inquiry was removed :smileyhappy:

Start: Nov'12 EQ 699/EX 685/TU 696 / Current: April''14 EQ 715/EX 709/TU 709 * Goal 750+

Revelate

QAMngrGirl wrote:

I contacted them a week ago about the HP's they did when I graduated to unsecured (I was told it would be a SP for the review), and the inquiry was removed :smileyhappy:

Ah, I so should've tried that, but I don't care at all about inquiries on my TU report anyway.

Generally speaking my experience with both BOFA and FIA services has been positive; other than some fairly laughable fee tricks which were all refunded on their checking account shuffle they often did on my 17 year old account I haven't had any issues with them that weren't completely my own fault.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 679, EQ 8 703, TU 708, EX 702* (05/30/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 in all three (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
drkaje

@ Rev,

Most credit issues are our own fault, LOL!

That being said, it's kind of odd that junk debt buyers are more likely to show goodwill (after getting their pound of flesh) than FIA.

It could simply be a matter of FIA feeling any adjustments hurt the integrity/reliability of credit reports and increase risk to lenders. Many would agree with that sentiment but that's really not what we're discussing right now.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX ? FICO, EQ 708 FICO
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
jsnlwrnc

ive had a chking and savings with BoA since 05 and recently got a CC with them in 12. Nothing but great experience over the phone and branches. any negative things that happened (fee) were my fault and the fee that werent...they promptly removed. i hope to refi my auto with them

Frequent Contributor
nyancat

[ Edited ]

I think it's the fact that Bank of America will not work with someone who missed ONE mortgage payment, because they prefer to foreclose on a house than to actually get their money: http://www.kxlh.com/news/disabled-helena-veteran-facing-foreclosure-bank-won-t-take-payment/

Also similar: http://www.kxlh.com/news/helena-woman-still-fighting-bank-of-america-over-foreclosure/

American Express Costco TrueEarnings - $8,300; American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $5,000; American Express Delta Gold - $7,300; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Capital One Cash Rewards Visa - $7,500; Citi Forward - $5,800 and $4,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred - $7,500; Discover It - $3,000
Senior Contributor
Open123

Every bank has it's share of some negative publicity.  There's bound to be a few unhappy customers, justified or not.  You may see BofA with more than its share of complaints mainly becuase it's one of the largest.

I'd imagine Citi, Chase, and WF has its share of customer complaints for that very reason.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+