Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I see a lot of hate towards Bofa

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

I see a lot of hate towards Bofa

But I just want to throw out there that I have savings/checking (and CC) with them and when Vonage kept billing me a year after I had cancelled, they refunded over a year  of auto-debits & fees that Vonage had caused me, no questions asked. Just sayin!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
HiLine
Blogger

Re: I see a lot of hate towards Bofa

BofA is awesome. My experience with BofA has been nothing but positive. 

Message 2 of 20
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I also like BofA.  I've had personal accounts with them for more than 8 years and I've had business accounts with them for 2 years.  Both branches near me greet me and thank me for my business every time I walk in.  

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 3 of 20
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I think it's FIA people had the issue with, LOL!

A late payment to BOA (FIA) will hang out on one's credit report 'til the bitters end. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 20
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

I contacted them a week ago about the HP's they did when I graduated to unsecured (I was told it would be a SP for the review), and the inquiry was removed Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

I contacted them a week ago about the HP's they did when I graduated to unsecured (I was told it would be a SP for the review), and the inquiry was removed Smiley Happy

Ah, I so should've tried that, but I don't care at all about inquiries on my TU report anyway.

Generally speaking my experience with both BOFA and FIA services has been positive; other than some fairly laughable fee tricks which were all refunded on their checking account shuffle they often did on my 17 year old account I haven't had any issues with them that weren't completely my own fault.

        
Message 6 of 20
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@ Rev,

Most credit issues are our own fault, LOL!

That being said, it's kind of odd that junk debt buyers are more likely to show goodwill (after getting their pound of flesh) than FIA.

It could simply be a matter of FIA feeling any adjustments hurt the integrity/reliability of credit reports and increase risk to lenders. Many would agree with that sentiment but that's really not what we're discussing right now.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 20
jsnlwrnc
Valued Member

ive had a chking and savings with BoA since 05 and recently got a CC with them in 12. Nothing but great experience over the phone and branches. any negative things that happened (fee) were my fault and the fee that werent...they promptly removed. i hope to refi my auto with them

Message 8 of 20
nyancat
Established Contributor

I think it's the fact that Bank of America will not work with someone who missed ONE mortgage payment, because they prefer to foreclose on a house than to actually get their money: http://www.kxlh.com/news/disabled-helena-veteran-facing-foreclosure-bank-won-t-take-payment/

Also similar: http://www.kxlh.com/news/helena-woman-still-fighting-bank-of-america-over-foreclosure/

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 9 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

Every bank has it's share of some negative publicity.  There's bound to be a few unhappy customers, justified or not.  You may see BofA with more than its share of complaints mainly becuase it's one of the largest.

I'd imagine Citi, Chase, and WF has its share of customer complaints for that very reason.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.