Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I have a problem....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I have a problem....

I have this intense stress that overcomes me when things are not organized neatly. Or if I buy something that could last a lifetime and someone breaks or loses it then I have to buy it again and again. Lol. Like tweezers.

But mainly being unorganized or late really really stresses me out. I have towels folded a certain way. Canned foods organized and facing forward. Everything in the kitchen is a big issue.

I would love to be as carefree as others but I can't get over things like this. I see it then immediately it stresses me out. I think I've lost it. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I think I have a problem....

@Anonymous wrote:
I have this intense stress that overcomes me when things are not organized neatly. Or if I buy something that could last a lifetime and someone breaks or loses it then I have to buy it again and again. Lol. Like tweezers.

But mainly being unorganized or late really really stresses me out. I have towels folded a certain way. Canned foods organized and facing forward. Everything in the kitchen is a big issue.

I would love to be as carefree as others but I can't get over things like this. I see it then immediately it stresses me out. I think I've lost it. Smiley Happy

There is a name for this its OCD. There are some treatments available I would discuss them with your doctor. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought that was when you turned the lights off 3 tomes in a row everytime or something. Haha.

I think I'm responsible for everything in our family and I just get this way because it makes accomplishing things easier.
Message 3 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would wish so much to take a bit of your organisation and give you a little bit of my disorder and this would make both of us a bit happier  Smiley Happy  .. too bad it does not work that way Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 9
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

^^^^^

as long as you can go on and function with the rest of your life and responsibiities (after making organized), then it's ok

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You must not have little children! Lol Come visit me! I have three crazy boys and a messy husband! Either your head will explode or you will realize it's not that big of a deal.
Message 6 of 9
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Here, maybe this will help: 31-pictures-that-people-with-ocd-will-fall-in-love-with

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right. I do not have children.
I could only imagine...

I go to my mother-in-law's house and feel like the walls are closing in. She has so much junk in her house. You have to move something off the counter to use it. Every surface is cluttered.
Message 8 of 9
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Oddly enough normal people are drawn to grocery stores that are neatly organized!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.