cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a nice wallet to house my new prime cards. :)

tag
Kendro
Contributor

I want a nice wallet to house my new prime cards. :)

I've added an AMEX BCE and Discover More to my prime collection and was thinking of buying a name brand wallet to store them. It would be my first name brand wallet because in the past ten years, I've only owned two cheap $40 wallets from Macy's. That's right, I averaged one wallet every 5 years so I don't mind spending a good amount for something that will last me a long time. Is it worth spending $300 for a Gucci or Prada wallet? Louis Vuitton seems a little too much at $500. What kind of walllets do you guys use? Doesn't matter if you are male or female. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want a nice wallet to house my new prime cards. :)

A nice Louis Vuitton wallet will last you a long time. I've had mine for about 10 years, so worked out about $35 per year... and it still smells (almost) new! Definitely shop around though, some places are way too expensive.

Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kendro wrote:
I've added an AMEX BCE and Discover More to my prime collection and was thinking of buying a name brand wallet to store them. It would be my first name brand wallet because in the past ten years, I've only owned two cheap $40 wallets from Macy's. That's right, I averaged one wallet every 5 years so I don't mind spending a good amount for something that will last me a long time. Is it worth spending $300 for a Gucci or Prada wallet? Louis Vuitton seems a little too much at $500. What kind of walllets do you guys use? Doesn't matter if you are male or female. Smiley Happy

I have a Tommy Hilfigure wallet that I've had since 2007.  I don't carry my wallet with me too often.  Most of the time I keep it in my backpack which I carry all the time.  My backpack is like an office on wheels.  I certainly would not spend over $50 on a wallet.  Now if you were talking about designer sunglasses, I would spend up to $300.  Protecting the eyes is priceless.   Everything in your wallet can be replaced. 

Message 3 of 43
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I love Fossil but I'm a simple guy. Working the nerve to drop a bunch of money on the LV. Maybe for my bday next month...it's a thought Smiley Happy
Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 4 of 43
marty56
Super Contributor

I don't know the brand of my wallet since the name has worn off long ago.

I tend to loose nice wallets.

LOL my dad  asked about the gator wallet be gave me 5 years after it went to wallet heaven.  I should have told him I left it at the beagle farm in VA where he and my mom told us Georgy Girl went when we were kids.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 43
RemyWinchester
Contributor

Stewart Stand Wallets:

http://www.amazon.com/Stewart-Stand-Driving-Wallet-Silver/dp/B002IEW9UU/ref=sr_1_25?s=apparel&ie=UTF...

I have one - there is no area to place cash - but holds 6 cards and you can put small pieces of paper on the inside.  It's super slim.  Can put in front jeans pocket. 

It blocks RFID readers.  And it's metal - it feels really weird (in a good way) to brush your finger along the outside!

About $60-70.  High recommend - they have other types just search on amazon!

Message 6 of 43
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Broccoli rubber~band around wad of cash with cards tucked in. It's more or less free and ensures street cred anywhere.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RemyWinchester wrote:

Stewart Stand Wallets:

http://www.amazon.com/Stewart-Stand-Driving-Wallet-Silver/dp/B002IEW9UU/ref=sr_1_25?s=apparel&ie=UTF...

I have one - there is no area to place cash - but holds 6 cards and you can put small pieces of paper on the inside.  It's super slim.  Can put in front jeans pocket. 

It blocks RFID readers.  And it's metal - it feels really weird (in a good way) to brush your finger along the outside!

Th

@RemyWinchester wrote:

Stewart Stand Wallets:

Those wallets look  too homely for the asking price.

Message 8 of 43
aamex
Frequent Contributor

+1 everything in your wallet can be replaced Smiley Happy

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 9 of 43
drkaje
Senior Contributor

My cards are housed in $10 Maxpedition because they get hard-use, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.