Contributor
Kendro

I want a nice wallet to house my new prime cards. :)

I've added an AMEX BCE and Discover More to my prime collection and was thinking of buying a name brand wallet to store them. It would be my first name brand wallet because in the past ten years, I've only owned two cheap $40 wallets from Macy's. That's right, I averaged one wallet every 5 years so I don't mind spending a good amount for something that will last me a long time. Is it worth spending $300 for a Gucci or Prada wallet? Louis Vuitton seems a little too much at $500. What kind of walllets do you guys use? Doesn't matter if you are male or female. :smileyhappy:
creditabc123

Re: I want a nice wallet to house my new prime cards. :)

A nice Louis Vuitton wallet will last you a long time. I've had mine for about 10 years, so worked out about $35 per year... and it still smells (almost) new! Definitely shop around though, some places are way too expensive.

Regular Contributor
DonGonzalo

Kendro wrote:
I've added an AMEX BCE and Discover More to my prime collection and was thinking of buying a name brand wallet to store them. It would be my first name brand wallet because in the past ten years, I've only owned two cheap $40 wallets from Macy's. That's right, I averaged one wallet every 5 years so I don't mind spending a good amount for something that will last me a long time. Is it worth spending $300 for a Gucci or Prada wallet? Louis Vuitton seems a little too much at $500. What kind of walllets do you guys use? Doesn't matter if you are male or female. :smileyhappy:

I have a Tommy Hilfigure wallet that I've had since 2007.  I don't carry my wallet with me too often.  Most of the time I keep it in my backpack which I carry all the time.  My backpack is like an office on wheels.  I certainly would not spend over $50 on a wallet.  Now if you were talking about designer sunglasses, I would spend up to $300.  Protecting the eyes is priceless.   Everything in your wallet can be replaced. 

Let's Go Heat!! Vamos Heat!
Established Contributor
laboi_22

I love Fossil but I'm a simple guy. Working the nerve to drop a bunch of money on the LV. Maybe for my bday next month...it's a thought :smileyhappy:
Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Super Contributor
marty56

I don't know the brand of my wallet since the name has worn off long ago.

I tend to loose nice wallets.

LOL my dad  asked about the gator wallet be gave me 5 years after it went to wallet heaven.  I should have told him I left it at the beagle farm in VA where he and my mom told us Georgy Girl went when we were kids.

09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752
Contributor
RemyWinchester

Stewart Stand Wallets:

http://www.amazon.com/Stewart-Stand-Driving-Wallet-Silver/dp/B002IEW9UU/ref=sr_1_25?s=apparel&ie=UTF...

I have one - there is no area to place cash - but holds 6 cards and you can put small pieces of paper on the inside.  It's super slim.  Can put in front jeans pocket. 

It blocks RFID readers.  And it's metal - it feels really weird (in a good way) to brush your finger along the outside!

About $60-70.  High recommend - they have other types just search on amazon!

pizzadude

Broccoli rubber~band around wad of cash with cards tucked in. It's more or less free and ensures street cred anywhere.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Regular Contributor
DonGonzalo

RemyWinchester wrote:

Stewart Stand Wallets:

http://www.amazon.com/Stewart-Stand-Driving-Wallet-Silver/dp/B002IEW9UU/ref=sr_1_25?s=apparel&ie=UTF...

I have one - there is no area to place cash - but holds 6 cards and you can put small pieces of paper on the inside.  It's super slim.  Can put in front jeans pocket. 

It blocks RFID readers.  And it's metal - it feels really weird (in a good way) to brush your finger along the outside!

Th

RemyWinchester wrote:

Stewart Stand Wallets:

Those wallets look  too homely for the asking price.

Let's Go Heat!! Vamos Heat!
Frequent Contributor
aamex

+1 everything in your wallet can be replaced :smileyhappy:

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Senior Contributor
drkaje

My cards are housed in $10 Maxpedition because they get hard-use, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX ? FICO, EQ 708 FICO
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+