cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of changing banking institutions?

tag
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Impact of changing banking institutions?

I'm tempted to switch banks entirely.  But I'm wondering if that'll hurt me somehow.  

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Re: Impact of changing banking institutions?

I read your post before you deleted it, and from what you said I would have been done with them a long time ago. There is no reason to suffer with any bank when there are soooo many options out there. I've closed banks because they pissed me off (Wells Fargo), because of divorce (some local woo-haw) because I moved (no Bank of America where I live), etc etc. Close it and be done with them, IMO.

Message 2 of 5
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

I read your post before you deleted it, and from what you said I would have been done with them a long time ago. There is no reason to suffer with any bank when there are soooo many options out there. I've closed banks because they pissed me off (Wells Fargo), because of divorce (some local woo-haw) because I moved (no Bank of America where I live), etc etc. Close it and be done with them, IMO.

Thanks. That's just what I'm gonna do! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

as long as you don't leave the accounts negative, it has no impact. (checksystems-but even some banks dont even use this anymore) 

it is possible some banks run your credit to open certain accounts though. thats about it. 

if you feel that service isnt par, like stated. plenty of banks happy to take your business. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some banks will run a credit check that appears as a hard inquiry. Some others run a credit check but it doesn't appear as a hard inquiry. Don't know why.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.